3 Tigers Projected in First 33 Draft Picks

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Dec 3, 2013.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

His biggest asset is Cam Cameron, one of the most respected QB coaches in the known world.

NFL GMs/Execs/Head Coaches/OCs all have access obviously to talk to Cam about Zach. He will sell Zach to the hilt.

GregLSU likes this.
  2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I miss on the draft every now and then, unless something changes, I don't see Loston being around in the 6th round, but that's my thinking. But I could be wrong.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

@LSUDad I wanna get your take on Raymond and if you feel the db's have regressed since the loss of Cooper.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The Saints have Sills and Joseph Morgan who was a great deep threat before his injury. I think Landry would be the better fit in N. O. Lane Moore isn't getting it done so far this year.

5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I was talking with someone about that the other day. His take was the DB's were getting better as the season went on. If you look at Raymond's resume, thats one thing I look at along with talking with friends, it tells you as to who he played with and under. He has played and coached under some of the best. The job that RR did on Mike Evans, the a&m player was unreal. I haven't seen anyone handle him like that. If he was complaining about RR, just wait till he gets into the NFL. Remember too, White and RR were both playing high school ball around this time last year. Raymond has put in his time and looks to be recruiting very well from everything I've gotten. Some will tell you Coop didn't want to spend the time on the recruiting circuit. Coop is with USF and they have two wins this year. He had a short stint with Tampa Bay, one year. Raymond makes around $300K a year at LSU, great money for him.

Back to the question, when you have a TM, PP, etc, those you get every now and then, not real often. The younger guys we have in their now all are raw, but seem to grasp what is asked of them. I see them all looking better next year. It also helps to have a push from the DL, putting a little heat on a QB.

Too Add: Chief moves up to $1.3 this coming year. Les and LSU pays well, big plus.

6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

A little trivia:

Name the former LSU player that only started 6 games in his 4 years at LSU and only 1 during his Sr year. Undrafted out of LSU and still in the NFL?

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Perry Reilly Jr?

LSUDad likes this.
  8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Good guess, but Perry started every game his Sr year and 22 while at LSU.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

The DB's came around for sure this year.

The D line is a different story, sadly.

LSUDad likes this.
  10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Sounds like you're talking about Danny McCray although he started 13 games during his career at LSU.

Also could be Quinn Johnson, but FBs don't get listed as a starter very often I suppose.

My final answer is Danny McCray, as you are alluding to a player that did not have the fanfare at LSU as other highly touted players, but has found a way to succeed on the NFL level as a UDFA.

LSUDad likes this.