3rd Party Candidates

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscpuke, Apr 25, 2006.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Yes, like I said - that makes it more efficient. But does it make the economy grow just as equally, or more so?

I'm not sure. I think that an excess of regulations & government interference is a bad thing, but where is that level? I think we've passed it, but by how far? I'm just not convinced that our government needs to be downsized as much as Libertarians think and it's a topic I've been debating with myself for a while now ever since I did a speech on the party.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

i am no economist, but doesnt efficiency mean more productivity and less waste, which means growth? things are cheaper, better things are available, we all have a higher standard of living.

maybe we should swing it until we have too little regulation and then think it over again. we can use our riches we get from the freedom we were trying, to entertain ourselves while we consider how overboard our freedom is.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Theoretically, but I'm more concerned with practicalities at the moment.

But realistically, how easy is it to get drugs for the average american? Sure pot & some prescriptions are easy for just about anyone to run accross, but I think many drugs are harder to get than you would suppose.

And although I think having them illegal creates a class of criminals and increases other crimes, atleast it keeps it mostly contained within certain areas of the population... right?

And I suppose there would be no age limit on these drugs, which I again theoretically agree with, but it presents practical problems.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

i dunno about that, over the years, many of my closest friends have had pretty easy access to cocaine. one time i dated a girl who had even tried crack. i thought that was nuts, but to her the hardest drugs you can think of were no big deal. i am not currently friends with any real hooligans, but i am still confident i could get anything i wanted. i some very responsible people who have tried some crazy ****, but they grow out of it. it is no big deal.

right, a super violent area of the population, with contant murders and rampant crime, filling up prisons for us to pay for, as well as corrupting entire other countries (like colombia).

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Jake the Snake Roberts says if you can find a road named for a president or Martin Luther King you can find crack and a hooker.

6. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Third parties have not been successful in this country because, by and large, they tend to be one-issue parties. In addition, they don't have the resouces of the two major parties.

7. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

I'll still vote republican. The left has done a real good job at hiding the high points of this administration. The strong economy is one of them. I know people will gripe about gas prices and the war but, when it is all said and done, Bush has stuck to his guns.

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Evidently, so has the administration themselves.

The economy...funny. When it's doing poorly, the Republicans want to say it's not Bush's fault. But when it's supposedly doing well, they want to give him the credit.

9. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

if weed were legal i'd most likely use it about the same amount i use alcohol, once a month or whatever when i feel like wasting money on a bottle of crown. problem is they have random drug tests at my place of employment.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Strong economy? A strong economy is what we had before Bush took office. The guy has posted ridiculously high deficits leading to an unprecedented national debt. He has no discipline on the spending side and irresponsibly cut what the income he had coming in. His war has driven up oil prices. Our economy is a house of cards the result of the deficit will be inflation in the long run.

Absolutely, he sticks to his bad decisions come hell or high water. And it is a long list of bad decisions. He will never admit a mistake, much less take measures to correct them. Any president that stubbornly pursues failed policies instead of addresing them is a poor leader indeed.