3rd Party Candidates

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscpuke, Apr 25, 2006.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Let's be fair. Bush inherited a recession & and then endured a terrorist attack.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Nope. Bush inherited an expanding stock market, a budget surplus, increased job creation, and low unemployment. Then they all went bad.

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

4. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

It's good PR. Everyone needs it.

BTW: If y'all want a democrat back in office, make sure he's from the south. The only two presidents from the left voted to office since the new deal were Carter and Clinton, both from the south.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

one of the many things that red doesnt understand is that a surplus is actually terrible and means that the government has overtaxed us.

i would rather give the government too little money and have them be in debt, than be overtaxed and have them sitting on a pile of my money that i could be using.

6. red55

Also Lyndon Johnson, D-Texas; Harry Truman, D-Missouri.

7. red55

Nonsense. We were not sitting on a pile of money, we were paying down the National Debt. A debt that Bush has raised to an astonishing 9 Trillion dollars spending money that we don't have. Over $2 billion a day currently.

So we sell Treasury Bonds to raise the cash. Guess who is buying most of the treasury bonds? Foreign governments led by China who will get the interest on the loans. We will spend almost $400 billion this year alone on interest on the National Debt. Wasted money due to governmental incompetence. Our wealth is being bled away to our enemies. martin thinks this is just fine.

Foolish boy.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

"our" wealth can do whatever it wants. i care about "my" wealth. if i pay less taxes, that is good for me and the economy. now if we as a collective have less in in our collective pot, good, i hate contributing to the collective. i want to keep my money, not give it to your stupid programs. if you want your dumbass programs to be funded and have to borrow money from the chinese, thats pretty stupid, but at least you dont want to charge me for them.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

The stock market was already on a decline when Bush came into office & the economy as a whole was receeding from the 90's expansion.

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Why do we care who owns the T-bills? Does it really matter if China gets interest payments? We shouldn't care because it doesn't matter.