4 5 6 8 10

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Sep 15, 2014.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I looked at Oregon's schedule and agree that it's weak. OU's & FSU's are stronger IMO. This could be the year where the SEC is deserving of 2 of the final 4 teams. We'll have to see how it plays out with the committee.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm thinking that 13 guys in a sports bar could do as good a job of picking the playoff teams as the 13 committee members. Only question is that bar in Baton Rouge, Norman, OK, Eugene, OR or Columbus, OH.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Or we could let all the mascots fight it out

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Should be one per conference, provided top 4 using that criteria are in top 10.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Its been done - Best one is the Stanford Tree 3rd mascot fight on this video

Not Mascots but a real brawl at a track meet between Southern and Jackson State

6. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

Nah. Let's let the cheerleaders* fight it out. Oiled up or in a mud pit, either way works.

*Female cheerleaders only. eaTme you're SOL and I just might have to pull for USCw 'cause I still got a thing for those Song Girls.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You're gonna love this one. There is even mud involved

No mud in this one but better almost hoohah shots than the one in Tiger Stadium

wjray likes this.
  8. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

1 team will be eliminated by inter-division cannibalism

Another team will be eliminated in the SEC Championship game

I'll be shocked if 2 SEC teams make the playoffs. But I will bet that both will come from the same division. The loser of the SECCG will almost certainly be eliminated, and the same can be said for the loser's of other conference CG.

I think the ONLY way a loser gets in, is if they were #1 and undefeated going in.

9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Let's just say that for the sake of discussion LSU & Missouri ran the table and met in the SECCG both being 12 & 0. Let's say LSU won 13-10 on a last second FG. Do you think Missouri would deserve one of the remaining 3 spots over say a Oregon, OU or FSU?

10. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I would say "Yes". They would be 12-1.

There would likely be another 12-1 conference champion and then most likely several other teams at 11-2.

But.... the arguement AGAINST that ....

Mizzou was eliminated by LSU. The SECCG served as a play-in game.

Only 1 time in the last 15 years has their been 3 undefeated teams at the end of the season.

I bet the average is 1.5 undefeated teams per regular (+Conf Champ Game) Season.

The playoff committee will now be charged with nailing down the #4 team. There will be 2 or 3 teams that will have legitimate arguements for that last spot. And it won't be easy.

Go back and look at the end of the season rankings the last few years (before the bowl results) and look at teams ranked 4-6.