4 home games should be rocking like UGA 2 years ago

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by j0nathanr0y, Jun 16, 2005.

1. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

All of our big games are at Death Valley. Yeah its nothing you don't already know, but i really hope the fans come a rocking and are hyped as if you were about to run out the tunnel on to the field themselves. We were that way at the the UGA game. Arizona State, Tennessee, Florida and Auburn are all top five-caliber teams that have to play in Baton Rouge, and I honestly think if Death Valley is rocking, nobody will have a chance to stop us.

2. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Unless I'm mistaken, looking at the TV games already set makes it look like Florida and Arky are the only two day home games.

Five of seven home games at night. Pretty damn good, I'd say. :thumb:

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Hate to use the term, but I would like to see Miles show some balls and "Bring back the Magic" by pushing hard for night games.

4. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

Tiger Stadium should keeps its title of loudest college stadium. there are some great games making its way to Baton Rouge this year. it is time to continue the home winning streak.

:geauxtige LSU! :lsup: :helmet: :tigerhead

5. BB

BB Founding Member

Take this as you will, but I feel like we (the fans) really let the team down when we hosted Florida in 2003. Tiger Stadium was a joke for that game - I could hear students farting all the way from the South Endzone...

6. jrltiger

jrltiger Founding Member

I agree that the stadium was flat as could be that day. It really was embarassing. Hopefully there aren't any games like that this year.

7. SG_Geaux

SG_Geaux Founding Member

It is not up to Miles or LSU whether we play night game or not. If CBS picks LSU for 2:30, we have a contractual obligation to play at 2:30. It is part of being in the best conference in college football.

I wish the fans as a whole would get over this "we don't play as well in the day" or "it's just not as loud for day games" mentality. That 2003 UGA game at 2:30 was as rocking as I have ever seen Tiger Stadium.

8. LuvDoc

LuvDoc Founding Member

Unfortunately, we really havn't played as well on day games in the last 15-20 yrs. I'd be interested to see someone compile the records of night and day home games over that period. It could just be a matter of perception. Frankly, the night games weren't all that great over most of that period either. . .

BUT, I think most of us would agree that night games are just more fun; more time to booze, cooler, more electric atmosphere, and that chewy air we get through the fall at sundown.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It works both ways, Clyde. But, I'm not surprised to see that you expect the team to get you pumped. It is, after all, all about you. :dis:

10. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

You know, that's really uncalled for. Why do you feel the need to post stuff like that?