4 Tigers make Top 100 list for next year

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by conradj, Mar 22, 2004.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i disagree with the Pollack opinion totally. Average year is what I almost put but was too lazy to remove 'bad year'. Anyhow, my assessment is based on his own performance the previous season. While it was good for most anyone else, I watched him several games on satellite and while i know he was injured... he looked a lot less disruptive facing those double teams in some games. I dont think he is better than Lavalais by any means... based on last year alone. 2002 was a different story.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

In 2002 Pollack had 102 tackles and 23.5 tackles for losses with 14 QB sacks with 2 interceptions and 2 forced fumbles.

In 2002 Chad had 66 tackles with 10.5 tackles for a loss and 2 sacks with no forced fumbles.

In 2003 Pollack had 64 total tackles with 15 tackles for a loss and 7.5 sacks with 2 interceptions again while he had only 1 forced fumble. His stats were way down from the monster season he had the year before.

In 2003 Lavalais had 58 total tackles with 15 for a loss and had 7 sacks with 1 int and no forced fumbles, actually less production than the year before but that also was effected by the great play of the rest of LSU's D-line and the fact that no one ran the ball much on LSU and the carries were way down with our opponents having only 400 rushing attempts the entire season. UGA had 468 rushing attempts against them this year.

I'll say Lavalais was equal to Pollack in 2003 but Pollack had a year like very few tackles ever have in 2002. You never see interior linemen with that many tackles (102) in a season hardly. And I hope he has a year more like 2003 when he plays us.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

well you know stats dont tell the whole story... I saw Pollack be handled quite a few times last year. I have yet to see Lavalais 'handled' in the same manner. Maybe it was the injury but I have my doubts.

4. tigerdoc88

tigerdoc88 Founding Member

Just as a note, Pollack plays end, not tackle, so his stats would be expected to be better than Chad's. I've seen Pollack play a few times, but I'm not that impressed. Whitworth owned him for the most part in both games we played last year.

5. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I like Pollack, he seems to be a guy who is just such a hard worker and never quits. That attitude and work ethic draws me to be a fan of the guy, and I love watching Whit going up against him.

6. cajdav1

Well, I think he was spectacular in 2002 as living in Jawja we sure see a lot of games and highlights and last year he was just good. And I hope the trend continues against Andrew this year and if it does I think that will be the catalyst to get Whitworth named All American.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

In 2002, Georgia had a couple of future NFL lineman who were taking the heat off of Pollack. Pollack is very good and when he was not being doubleteamed, his "motor" enabled him to wreak havoc. Once the 2 studs were gone, he became the man and was not nearly as effective.

8. cajdav1

SabanFan I would guess you are right about that. They had a bunch of stud D-line guys in the past several years who all went in the first round and maybe Pollack just isn't as good as he was in 2002. Anyway, as long as Andrew can is the man on him I don't think we will have much of a problem, i think this year is going to be a fabulous year for him.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Not sure about green but Wilkerson should be there over Whitworth IMO. :geaux: :lsug: :champs:

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Probably because he has been moved around so much. If he has a season any where near to what he had last season the respect will come. He does indeed look like a player. :geaux: :lsug: :champs: