5* CB Elias Ricks commits to LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Brian

Brian Founding Member

I'd liken it to if all of the Catholic League were more one school. So kids from Rummel, St. Aug, Jesuit, etc all went to predominantly one school and their alums favored LSU as they tend to USC there. IMG is more straight up a prep school for football that brings in kids from all over the country there. vball, if I am not mistaken Mater Dei is mostly always Cali kids, yea?

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

IMG was started as a Tennis training academy until entertainment company IMG bought out Nick Bolletteri.

History[edit]
    Nick Bollettieri founded the Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy in 1978. Sports and entertainment company IMG purchased the academy in 1987.[1] IMG acquired the youth division of the David Leadbetter Golf Academy in 1993 and added programs for soccer and baseball in 1994. Hockey and basketball programs were added in 2000 and 2001, respectively, and by 2002 the IMG campus had expanded to 190 acres (0.77 km2).[2] IMG Academy suspended its hockey program in 2003.[citation needed] Football was added in 2010,[3] as well as lacrosse.[4] Track & field and cross country were added in 2013.[5]

IMG Academy currently sits on 450 acres (180 ha) of land, and in 2011, IMG paid $7.5 million for an additional 110 acres (45 ha) adjacent to the current campus for future expansion.[1] In 2014, IMG purchased an additional 24 acres (9.7 ha). The land borders IMG's west campus, where the sports performance academy is undergoing a $198 million expansion.[6]

The IMG Pendleton School was founded in 1999 as a co-educational, college preparatory school for athletic students. In 2012, the school changed its name to "IMG Academy".[7] It delivers both academics and athletics.[

Brian likes this.
  3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Sounds like they are building quite the "compound".

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

And yet, it is.

You may recall back in 2012 when @lsutiga was all over Notre Dame's knob ... two missed that game because they were suspended for breaking team rules/policies included Ryan Anderson who ended up as a second rounder. A national title game, right?

Hell in 2013 there were quite a few suspended--I believe the number was ten within that calendar year (by October.)

You're buying into a false narrative that you'll find plenty choose to feed all because they think they've got something when Saban has chosen to give a kid a second chance. Some have worked, others haven't. These narratives shouldn't be shocking. After all, we're living in a world where people try to diminish accomplishments in any manner they can while others only want to create drama by, literally, making things up. See Dan Wolken's career.

Here's the thing, Shane. Those suspended players were allowed to return after a meeting with the leadership council. It wasn't pure coaches decision. And, it's very similar to what we've seen at many a school with different players: Jeremy Hill comes to mind as one you can relate to...

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Where did I ever say we had a great offense? What I have said is we are trying to have a great offense but the experience and the players are not there yet. I have said timing and execution suffers because of that. I have said we dont have take it to the house running backs which hurts our offense. I have said Burrow has only been on our team for 3 months which hurts our offense. I have said our WR's are young and dropped too many passes which hurts our offense. I have said we had only one true TE this year because of injuries which hurts our offense. And I have said our OL was not very good because of suspensions, poor past recruiting and constant injuries which really hurt our offense. I have also said in spite of all of this E did the best he could and was trying to all those plays you and others here said we should have tried. I said I watch a lot of replays and E was doing the right thing but hindered because of all of what I mentioned. Lastly I said E can truly be judged next year because 90% of what we didnt have this year we will next year, I will judge him next year.

Yes I said all those things and more but never said we had a great offense

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Isn't he OC at SC or did he get fired? Just wondering why he'd take a demotion to come here.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

he got shit canned a few weeks ago. Theres been rumor of him to some fcs school as hc- UT Chat I believe or here. Definitely dont want him as OC. Dont even want him as WR coach but in our case we could give it to tiga and it wouldnt matter as long as he could recruit the left coast. We need all the help we can there if its low cost. Oeaux still has some connections there but its very difficult to land anyone so everything is considered lagniappe.

lsu-i-like and fanatic like this.
  8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Mater Dei is CA kids, yes. Their sports programs overall are probably the most competitive in Southern CA, next to Poly, Oaks Christian, and Sera. Sera alums include WR George Farmer, DT DaJohn Harris, ATH Adoree’ Jackson, S Darnell Lacy, WR Marqise Lee, CB Kris Richard, WR Robert Woods. Funny story there is the Sera HC is a lifetime bruin whose dad was a WR at ucla and who ended up with a heart transplant courtesy of USC Keck Hospital.

LA Unified started a new high school in 2012, Hawkins, with a football program that was meant to be competitive with IMG but the two fools who started it were dirty, dirty. After a couple years, the entire staff got shit-canned, and a majority of the players left.

Tee was stripped of his play-calling duties 2 months ago and immediately scrubbed any USC "stuff" from all social media. So for all intents and purposes, he was fired at the end of October. Helton made it official a month ago. Tee was horrible, flat out horrible. He and Helton should probably spend time in jail (kidding) for continuing to put JT Daniels on the field when it was clear he wasn't ready, our Oline was shit, and JT continued to get pummeled. It was clear fairly early that we were not a bowl-bound team so why not put in #2 who actually did better and for whom the players responded in a different way?

lsu-i-like, Brian and GiantDuckFan like this.
  9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

In your opinion, how did he do on the recruiting trail? Specifically, how did he do on official visits?

He carries a few reputations in the southeast. .

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He was considered for the Tennessee HC job but they didn't want him.