5 Hours and Counting Down for Bass

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HueyLongball, Jun 17, 2004.

1. HueyLongball

HueyLongball Freshman

Great forum!

What is Brandon Bass going to do? Has anyone heard about a press conference, a meeting, anything? I don't see him in the top 20 of several mock drafts. It seems odd to me that this will wait until the final hour. Any info?

2. friday

friday Founding Member

I have a feeling he's getting bad info from agents, telling him he should crack the top 20. this happens every year - I just hope this kid looks back at guys like mario austin who was deceived and lied to by his agent. now he's not even in the NBA.

3. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

I've said it before, I'll say it AGAIN:

GREED.

Pure and simple.

Greedy agents who then make the kids greedy, conning them into believing that they'll go higher and then the kid loses the time to mature in a structured college system...

THIS IS WHAT I AM BEGINNING TO TRULY HATE ABOUT PRO SPORTS.

Picking the fruit before it's ripe.

Then watching it rot because of GREED
    - wanting something BEFORE IT'S TIME

PRETTY SAD. :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis:

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

The point is, ladies and gentleman, is that greed -- for lack of a better word -- is good.

Greed is right.

Greed works.

Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

Greed, in all of its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of mankind.

And greed -- you mark my words -- will not only save Brandon Bass, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the NBA.

Thank you very much.

5. bayareatiger

Nice. Michael Douglas couldn't have said it better himself...

I'd be SHOCKED at this point if our guy stays....

6. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

You're making the rather large assumption that John Brady has a structured system in place. If he does, I'm not sure I've seen it yet.

7. bayareatiger

I had a funny feeling that my statement would be viewed as such...

8. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

The sad part is I never heard of mario austin. the sadder part is that in 2-3 years people are going to say that they have never heard of brandon bass. what a waste. god, how i hate sports agents.

9. BB

BB Founding Member

Bob Sugar - Man I hate that guy!

"I will not rest until I have you holding a Coke, wearing your own shoe, playing a Sega game--featuring you--while singing your own song in a new commercial--starring you--broadcast during the Superbowl in a game that you are winning, and I will not sleep until that happens. I'll give you fifteen minutes to call me back." -Jerry Maguire-

10. friday

friday Founding Member

kidding me? mario austin was all-sec at miss st. (made some AA teams) two years ago. he came out as a junior and was drafted in te 2nd round by the bulls (non-guaranteed contract). his agent convinced him to go to russia since the contract was $2m although the the small time kid from AL had no business being over there. long story, long, he suffered a collapsed lung and recently negotiated a release from his moscow team. he rights now revert back to the bulls where he's planning on playing next year if he makes the team. oh, by the way, he sued and subsequently reached a settlement with his greedy (there's that word again) agent and abruptly fired him. clearly, the agent saw the $2m contract as a bigger pay day for himself and convinced this kid to got to russia. what's sad is that his mother didn't influence him to stay which leads me to believe that she was thinking about the new house and the white escalade. that, my friends, is the other part of the problem - we're dealing with less than fortunate people here who use their kids as a ticket out of poverty. sad, sad...