5* Johnny O'Bryant Commits to LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Oct 14, 2010.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

:geaux:

2. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Basketball in Tigertown is about to be real interesting again.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

wowzers, great job by the LSU recruiting dept

I could not listen to the interview very long. It was brutal.

5. phildman

phildman Founding Member

woohoo!!

lets hope he isn't a one and done player:geaux:

6. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

He looks big and physical. Great job TJ

I have always been impressed with LSU trying to help their kids learn to speak on camera. If you have never done it before it is tough. My kids recently saw old videos of me being interviewed in high school and they make fun of me all the time about dumb things I said and all the umms... I forgot how bad the high school ones were.

7. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Hooray, and obviously, kudos to Trent and the staff. :geauxtige I think what this says to me is top kids are buying Trent and LSU as credible again. In his video, he actually said he appreciated the fact that Trent and LSU were "laid back" in his recruitment. It's almost like, hey, we know we're going to be good, and we're good coaches--if you want to be a part of it, come. No desparation in the pitch. Just SUBSTANCE. It also tells me perhaps the migration of Miss to LSU has begun again. That pipeline into MS was really pretty much non-existent during the Brady days.

And, for the folks that are out there worried about the one and done thing. I don't think that JOB will be that. At 6'9" 240 ish, the kid will actually project as a NBA 4. i don't think he'll actually be as impactful as a kid like Demarcus Cousins, more of a 6'11" 260 big, who can bang immediately at the NBA 5. I see JOB leaving in 2 or 3 years, b/c he needs the time to develop his face up game and refine his passing and post moves. He's actually a perfect recruit for Trent, b/c he's big enough to bang immediately in his freshman year down low, yet he's not so physically imposing that he's a lottery pick (i.e., he's big and strong, but he isn't so big or able to jump out of the gym that he's a lottery based on his "potential"). The kid's success will depend on how hard he hits the strength and conditioning--he's got the bulk, but can he develop his quickness and conditioning? I think it will also depend on how far LSU goes next year. LSU should be a tourney team by the time JOB is playing, but will they make an Elite 8 or final four run? That kind of exposure might get JOB some draft attention. I think Malcolm will actually be a decent guy to take JOB under his wing. Similar build, but Malcolm is more defined and polished. JOB probably has a better face up game and shot than Malcolm at the same stage. A front line though of Hamilton, Bryant, Warren, and White, with Green there too (and Del Peiro!)? That's some serious depth and height that LSU hasn't seen since Swift/Jabari days. I love it, baby.

8. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Great Pickup!

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

This is an awesome get, but how are we going to make room for him?

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

They have 13 scholarships and 14 on the roster right now. Pretty sure about three of them are walk-ons.