5 star players

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by CParso, Aug 11, 2006.

1. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

LSU will have another top-5 class. Possibly 1 or 2.

2. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

the one that i really have no doubt in my mind that will be a tiger is luther davis.

3. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

I think OLine is possibly the hardest position to scout at the high school level. pancaking some little DE at 5-9 220 is not what they will be seeing at the next level. with WRs, you see them running great routes, making extremely athletic moves. RBs, you see their vision, moves, and power. QBs, you scout them at camps and you scout their technique. things like that, you cant tell whether the OL is good becuase the DL is bad or the OL is good period. doesnt hurt to have "the best" tho, thats for sure.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I always thought of Troy Giddens as a Jessie Daniels replacement (after Craig Steltz of course). Also, don't we have Shomari Clemons in line to sign with us again coming signing day?

Obviously, Chad Jones is the target here, but in the event that he doesn't come to LSU, I'm just thinking of alternative players.

5. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

I think LSU has a shot at McKnight, Devine, Jones, and Tolliver. There is also Deonte Thompson who some list as a 5 star. He is a very explosive WR, he lacks hands but is a big play waiting to happen. He could be a big catch. I hope LSU can land him. Also, Joseph Barksdale at HUGE DL. He is 6'6" 320+ and runs well. He has narrowed his choices down to LSU and Ohio St. Id imagine Ohio St is ahead at this point since he is from Michigan. If LSU can get at least 3, even two of those players that will be great with the others that are recuited. LSU will probably finish 2 or 3 behind USC and maybe probably Texas.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I think Byrd is the WR you are thinking of. He's 5 star on Scout and JUCO, some say he has questionable hands but Sunny says it is not an issue. LSU is waiting to see what happens with our other WR recruits. If one won't qualify, look for Byrd to commit.

Things don't look good with Thompson, but we should have a hell of a WR class anyway.

He's an Ohio St lock.

7. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

Damn, I had a good feeling about Thompson. He is kind of like another Percy Harvin type player. Of course if LSU gets McKnight that wouldnt matter. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I too think Barksdale is an Ohio St lock. I was just hoping he may sign with LSU. The possibilties would be scary. A line of Barksdale and Al Woods. Thats NFL sized DTs. Louisiana is loaded with not flight DTs, as well as DE for that matter. I think Jason Peters might be a big steal if LSU can get him. I think a lot of this class will go out of state.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Oh ye' of little faith. Just watch.

9. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

Exactly...these next two weeks I woudn't be suprised if we pick up a few commits with the hs playoffs about to end....when is the all american game? A few of the guys on our list will be announcing then as well.

10. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

McKnight, Tolliver and Jones. Those are the three we have the best shot at landing.