5 to 1, baby 1 in 5

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mancha, Jun 2, 2014.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Where are you getting this? It's not true.

"McCain told a pair of reporters that the negotiated release of the five prisoners from Guantanamo Bay in return for Bergdahl “poses a great threat to the lives and well-being of American servicemen and women in the future.”

And had the Arizona Republican won the presidency in 2008 and sat in the White House today, he would not have OK’d the deal.

“I would not have made this deal. I would have done everything in my power to repatriate him and I would have done everything I possibly could. But I would not have put the lives of American servicemen at risk in the future,” McCain said, raising concerns about Bergdahl’s record in the military. “There’s some really damning things about the reaction of the military on this.”

It's all good broham. I don't agree with you on a whole lot but I find you funny and true to your beliefs. I respect that.

2. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

All of this shit for a piece of shit deserter and this administration has practically ignored Tahmaroosi, the Marine the wetbacks are holding.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I did not serve. However, as much as is possible for a civilian, I share your thoughts. When I hear the anthem, I take the time to really reflect and think about the idea that is America and of those who gave their lives in service of this country and for me to live the way I do. I appreciate it. I truly do. I pray for the families who also sacrifice because theirs are just as great.

Someone I love very much is still alive today because he wasn't deserted by his brother in arms....someone who risked his own life to save another on a beach in Panama. That's all they have sometimes. When one deserts, he spits and shits on his fellow soldiers. Bergdahl should be made to face the parents of the soldiers who died looking for him.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

We should agree to exchange 5 million Mexicans for that one Marine.

gyver and shane0911 like this.
  5. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

And throw in Barry, Reid, Pelosi, and Hillary for a case of cerveza and a gallon of tequila.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

McCain said a month or so ago that he would be for the trade of gitmo prisoners for this guy in an interview with Anderson Cooper. In fact a whole slew of republicans were for this.....until Obama made it happen. Tweets have been taken down, websites have been changed by many republicans because they have to follow the Fox News message.

red55 likes this.
  7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I listened to the entire interview which was from February. What McCain said was that he would support an exchange DEPENDING ON THE DETAILS. He said very clearly he was NOT in favor of trading 5 hard core Taliban prisoners who would likely return to the fight against America. He objects to their release to Qatar, a country with a horrible track record regarding terrorists, he objects to their ability to roam freely in Qatar, he objects to the measly 1 year requirement to remain in Qatar. To claim McCain's support when he was very specific about DETAILS, is shortsighted.

old school likes this.
  8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

McCain isn't dumb, he is a politician. We all know that depending on the details means whomever instigates the trade. If GOP is behind it, awesome, if it's Obama, then he's against it.

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member