6/5 snapper

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by jvalhenson, Jun 5, 2016.

1. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

went on a trip this morning with some extended family on their big boat and had a 15 man limit of 10-18lb snapper on ice in about 45 minutes. Yep big shortage of them alright. [​IMG]

Bengal B likes this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

If you can catch two 10 - 18 lbers a day...stop being greedy. People who can afford to have/run a boat needed to catch those are most often already fat cats.

On a serious note, the real problem with that is the guide business. They take 15 people out a day. Adds up to thousands of pounds harvested.

3. jvalhenson

These were on a private reef that the boat owner built and put out himself. No one else gonna be catching those

4. LSUTiga

How can someone have a "private" reef in public waters?

5. jvalhenson

It's off Alabama. Big area they can deploy private reefs. Now once on the bottom if someone finds it they can fish it. It's not really "private" once it hits the bottom but the location is not published only people knows where it is is who put it there

6. LSUTiga

Well lemme share you a secret. You pay for a trip and mark it as a way point and sha zam. For $300.00 you have your own reef.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

shazam does waypoints?

shane0911 likes this.
  8. LSUTiga

nah, never have myself but fishing/hunting buddies of mine do. I do have a couple of destinations saved on my Garmin though.

9. jvalhenson

That's definitely nothing new but it's damn sure a guarantee you'll never get invited back. If a charter it will end the trip right there with no refund and very likely get your handheld gps tossed over board. I don't need to steal spots I can find my own fish. Boat I was on is a 61' Viking sport fish. Incredibly fine boat that in not doing anything to screw up future free trips on

10. LSUTiga

Who cares about invited back or trip ending. You can go when you want now. Oh and the gps doesn't have to be handheld now. There are phone apps (I'm told, tirk, so eff u), smart watches, etc. You can mark it while in a restroom and they'll never know.