6 Officers Shot, 3 Killed in Baton Rouge

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Jul 17, 2016.

1. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

All of the reports I read said someone saw him walking around with a rifle and called it in. Which, according to the time line, makes sense.

He had parked his car and was on foot looking for officers to gun down. He approached one cop car and it was empty. Then, if you look at the timeline, he spotted some cops by the beauty supply shop, snuck up behind them and gunned 3 of them down, killing 2. He turned around 180 degrees and shot a 4th cop. Then he walked behind that same store back towards his car and shot 2 other police officers, one was close to him still in his squad car and is currently on life support.

This is when the SWAT officer/ sniper shot and killed Long. According to the timelines, the whole thing lasted 8-10 minutes and they believe Long was the only shooter. But he may have been helped by locals before. Also, they believe he had been here for a couple of days scouting, possibly.

2. P&G_wheelz007

But here's my thing, as it relates to "Cop Hatred"... #1 It's a learned and taught thought process.

#2 These same people that teach/ feel this way, will tell you that they live in rough, tough neighborhoods. They will tell you there is violence and crime and that these neighborhoods aren't always safe.

#3 Guess what, when these neighborhoods aren't safe, guess who gets called in the remove or subdue the threat or problem? That's right, the cops. They make these neighborhoods safer. They make the rest of us safer by taking these guys down so they don't spread their violence.

#4 These cops do a job that most of us don't have the courage to do. I sure as hell don't. And these people (the ones hating cops), who admittedly live in tough neighborhoods, have a total lack of respect and appreciation for our police force. And for me ... this is very ignorant and simple-minded.

furduknfish and LSUTiga like this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

From reports I heard he ignored anybody not in a cop uniform.

Some woman called 911 when she saw him walking around with his gun but there were already cops at the 'B-Quik.
    It is a car wash and convenience store very near the police headquarters on Airline at the old Women's Hospital.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The shooter was dressed in all black. A few hours after the shooting I heard on the radio that 2 guys had been arrested at the Walmart in Brusly. They were dressed in all black and they went into Walmart and bought some regular looking street clothes and changed into them in the parking lot where somebody saw them and called 911
    They had a car with Texas plates. I haven't heard any more about them. Has anybody?

5. P&G_wheelz007

They were questioned and released several hours later.

6. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

you mistake me for a trump supporter for which i am not. But that bitch is worse...Take a look back you will see many times where i have stated that i am heading to the pond with a fishing pole on election day if our choices are HRC and Trump..

LSUTiga likes this.
  7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

And yet I bet none of you do the right thing and vote for Gary Johnson, you will all still vote for Trump.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Johnson may be the best man for the job but no way he wins. Any vote that isn't for Trump is a vote for the wretched cunt.

KyleK and furduknfish like this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

No it's not, I'm voting for Johnson and this isn't a vote for Hillary. But if you can look in the mirror after voting for the worst candidate to ever run for the presidency that's on y'all.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Second worst