70 k minimum salary

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by shane0911, Apr 16, 2015.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

He thinks he does. Look around, tell me how many other corporations are doing this?

What the hell are you talking about? The Army? Hell no it didn't work that way. Could you imagine if one day a double arm shit load of know nothing 18 year olds walked up and said "Its not fair that we are privates, we all want to be Sergeants so we can be Happy"

You see how stupid that is?

Or to make this fit the story, if the Battalion Commander woke up one day and said "hmm, know what, those damn privates look like a down trodden bunch of miserable souls, I think I am going to promote every one of them to Sergeant, from this day on we ALL start at Sergeant; so we can have a Happy force!

It is complete 100% grade A bullshit and you know it.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

actually a few other than this one and if he doesnt work out, its on him. Thats the free market.

also, yes bank CEOs make way too much money and I hate that I even say that. but after the financial crisis where no on went before a judge or jury after being bailed out pisses me off to no end.

3. shane0911

I still think we are missing each other. Sure, lots of companies have a starting salary of X, that is the job of the management to figure out what that is vs the service the workforce provides, I don't really care what it is.

This guy gave over half of his company a 75% increase in pay for the sake of freaking "happiness" again, absolutely his prerogative to do so I just don't think it is smart nor will it work out but just my opinion.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I reread the story. Price said he will GRADUALLY lower his own pay to $70K. That probably means when he starts drawing Social Security.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Lots of corporation have CEO's taking a $1 salary.
    • Meg Whitman (Hewlett-Packard)
    • Jerry Yang (Yahoo!)
    • Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook)
    • Sergey Brin (Google)
    • Larry Ellison (Oracle Corporation)
    • Darren Entwistle (TELUS)
    • Richard Fairbank (Capital One Financial)
    • Steve Jobs (Apple), also did not take any alternative form of compensation (stock options, bonus, etc.) since 2003
    • Richard Kinder (Kinder Morgan), also does not take any alternative form of compensation (stock options, bonus, etc.)
    • John Mackey (Whole Foods Market), who also does not take any alternative form of compensation (stock options, bonus, etc.)
    Exactly. It is bullshit in the rest of the world, too. That was the point that you totally missed.

6. shane0911

Not at all what I'm talking about.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Yang, Zuckerberg, Brin and Ellison are all billionaires. I don't know about the other living CEO's but I would guess they are pretty close to it

9. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

$70,000 i
    People once said the same about overtime, 40 hour work weeks, paid vacations, healthcare, etc. Not only do we seem to be doing fine, the American worker is still among the most productive in the world. The economic benefits of putting more money in the pockets of the average workers far outweigh the initial losses in revenue businesses will see.

10. shane0911

Oh now hold on, that sounds EXACTLY like what we conservatives say about cutting taxes and you liberals run around shitting green apple trees talking about how that's just not true.

Can't have it both ways

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    Bengal B and Winston1 like this.