85-86 VS 05-06 team.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by olVENICEdog, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

Boy do I have CRS... I forgot all about Nikita flunking out.... In retrospect, I would consider it an even game if they played.. thank you for correcting me.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I don't care about comparing this team to that team, or wtfever OvD wants to do. Comparing teams from different eras is just silly imo.

Yes, Wilson had to leave the team...

Soon after that though, they had the chicken pox outbreak. That is mostly what I was referring to. It caused them to have to play those four road games in five days..

They won two of them, which was amazing in itself considering the circumstaces that caused the road trip. More than anything, it threw the entire team off its rhythm. When tourney time came though, they got back into the groove.

You said they were not a good team and backed that up giving their regular season SEC record. Obviously they were a great team, but had some tough luck mid-sec schedule that they had to go through.

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

At the very least he could have read the cliff notes, err article, that pharpe posted a link to. :)

4. Perple

Perple Founding Member

This team has played extremely well together, 22 wins, 7 losses & the SEC Conference Title. This is impressive when you consider the 05/06 team is playing without a "True" point guard like Derrick Taylor. Team chemistry. First time LSU's played like this since the 86/87 Elite 8 team IMO.