9-3!!! Did this met your realistic prediction/expectation or not?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JohnLSU, Nov 28, 2009.

?

9-3!!! Did this met your realistic prediction/expectation or not?

1. 9-3 met my realistic prediction/expectation

79 vote(s)
    79.0%
  2. 9-3 did not meet my realistic prediction/expectation

19 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. I have no idea

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

Great win for the Tigers, Very good season for LSU. I just didnt think it would be so hard to get to 9-3. Every game was a battle but Its ok, wining 9 games is a good season for anyone... well almost anyone. :geaux:

2. skippy737

skippy737 Founding Member

It met my expectations. I wanted 10-2. I didnt plan onlosing to ole miss. But i pretty much knew wed loseto florida and ala.

However next year i will not stand to losing to unranked teams nor keepong the games even close and we should beat either fl or ala but prob not both but then in 2011 we beat everyone and get a bcs championship!!!

Those are my expectations and i say they are realistic and plausible

3. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

FYI: Arkansas was 7-4 coming into the game today and they went toe-to-toe with #1 Florida this season (they had the same three loses we had, plus a 41-52 loss to Georgia).

Ole Miss was preseason #8/#9 (higher than us).

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'm great with 9-3 but this season was like a trip to the dentist..The teeth look great, but the pain...THE PAIN.

2 people like this.
  5. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

At the beginning of the season, I figured 10-2 or 9-3. They've met my expectations. We're still a rebuilding team, but going from 7-5 to 9-3 is a good improvement, especially when you consider the shape or OL is in.

6. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Exactly how I feel!! :hihi: It was a painful 9 - 3 but I'll take it! That's about what I figured we'd be. Thought Fla. and 'Bama were prob losses with one more out of UGA, Auburn, Old Piss or Arky. Hated the loss last week but this win helps in soothing that over some. I work around a lot of Hawg fans and I'm glad I don't have to hear their crap for a 3rd year in a row! Also really enjoyed the wins over UGA and Auburn. UGA looked good today and Auburn gave Little Nicky more than he wanted yesterday! And how 'bout Moo U! Our close win over them maybe doesn't look as bad after their win today. Now let's win our bowl game and look out in 2010! :thumb: :LSU231:

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I will say that without that painful loss last week chances are that we would have lost this one tonight.
    It was pretty much the exact same scenario and we would not have been prepared for it otherwise!

8. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: You may be right, but I'm so proud of the team and the staff for staring down the same situation, almost exactly the same as last week, and coming through for the win! Tonight was a HUGE WIN! A loss tonight after last week would have been devastating in so many ways.:LSU231:

1 person likes this.
  9. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

9-3 headed for cap one bowl.
    Possible 10-3 to close the season very good.

9-10 wins a year with a legitamate chance to contend for BCS is all you can expect. Next couple years look to be getting tougher with how strong the west is getting.

10. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

Realistically, I had us going 8-5 or 9-4 including the bowl game in the beginning of the year.

Realistically we should have won the Ole Miss game and finished the regular season at 10-2 and ranked about #6 in the polls.

A finish of 10-3 with a bowl victory would have surpassed my realistic expectations for this team.