9-3!!! Did this met your realistic prediction/expectation or not?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JohnLSU, Nov 28, 2009.

?

9-3!!! Did this met your realistic prediction/expectation or not?

1. 9-3 met my realistic prediction/expectation

79 vote(s)
    79.0%
  2. 9-3 did not meet my realistic prediction/expectation

19 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. I have no idea

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Before the season about 70% of LSU fans predicted 9-3.

2. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

LOL. We don't agree much but we agree on this one. :hihi:

3. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

How did the pain differ from all the other seasons LSU did well? I don't remember us going undefeated and beating down every team we played, ever.

The pain I felt this season was from all the LSU fans trashing LSU because we didn't beat down every team we played... and I don't get their problem with that... they act like great programs like ND, Miami, FSU, Oklahoma, USC, Georgia, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio State, Tennessee, Auburn, Alabama, Penn State, Florida etc, etc, etc never had fans that had to deal with "the pain" of a 9-3 season before.

4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

AP Preseason Poll's Top 10... any guesses as to how they finished this year?
    1. Florida
    2. Texas
    3. Oklahoma
    4. USC
    5. Bama
    6. Ohio State
    7. VT
    8. Ole Miss
    9(T) Penn State
    9(T) Okie State

5. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I just can't make myself think less than 9-3, because in SEC that is never gonna be good enough.

I am thrilled we made that hurdle and I am sure we are by far the best 9-3 team in the nation.

What we lacked was consistent execution by both O and D, and consistency, 60 minutes of it, is what 12 and 0 is all about.

Based on our Offensive Stats, anyone that is not wildly happy at 9 and 3 needs a new avocation.

A little imagination and innovation (playing to our kids abilities) rather than just running plays, could have given us another win or two.

Bottom Line: We done good. Geaux Tigers.

6. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

9-3 met my expectations and I think it is a successful year. But the path to 9-3 did not meet my expectations and the offensive production was miserable at times. If the offense had just put up national average offensive numbers, rather than 108th ranked numbers, LSU might be the only undefeated team in the SEC this year.

7. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

+1. Dandy Don did a survey before the season and I think the highest % was 9-3 or 10-2. We really do need a new OC though. By the way, Trindon sure looked good at RB yesterday. For as small as he is the dude can run.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I cannot recall one game where I was totally relaxed except, maybe, Auburn. In the "routs" against USL and Tulane, there was a feeling of pressure because (in my mind) they were doing better than they should have been and we were not. It's all good, but every game seemed like a struggle. It's perception, I guess.

9. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Right. Except for Auburn, I never felt like we played well for most of the game. We have been outgained in almost every game this year. It just seems like the resulting record is better than we played. I guess it is perception.

10. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Here is my thing. I can handle the three losses. I figured we would lose between one and three games. What I dont like at all is the fact the team has looked pretty mediocre for the most part. We dont see any improvements at all. The team makes the same mistakes. The play calling and continuity on O is a joke. The D has looked great but is really regressing. The tackling has been grade school like the last few weeks. So overall Id say the team ddint meet expectations because of the poor OL and DL play and pathetic coaching.