90 thousand at Bama?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CoastalNole, Apr 21, 2007.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

That didn't work as well as it should have, but the problem wasn't unexpected. They couldn't get enough off-duty police to sit with those collecting donations. I'll have the $$ figure by tomorrow, I'd think.

BTW, that effort was reported to the SEC offices by a couple of schools as a potential recruiting violation. (I know, that's another thread in itself.)

2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

The Bama faithful have every reason to be excited. With Saban at the helm, Bama is sure to win the BCS NC in 2007 or 2008.

There's no doubt that Saban will exceed his LSU accomplishments at Bama, AND in less time.

1 person likes this.
  3. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

You really should quit fantasizing.

4. bamawhamma

bamawhamma Founding Member

I've enjoyed reading the post on this board since Saban came to Bama. I find it fascinating that close to half the post are discussions about Saban,Bama, or anything regarding the Tide. I really think it borders on obsession. You ask why LSU would be jealous of a bottom tier program? I think deep down you know the answer to that. The pecking order is about to change. Might not happen this year but soon enough.I think the patience of the Bama faithfull might just surprise you.

1 person likes this.
  5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

But today you are :lol: 0-9 vs. LSU and Auburn in the last 9 outings so, come back when you get some W's. :hihi:

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Just so we don't see that after their 10th game. :shock: :D

7. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Yo, Jean Lafitte...please tell me a Bammer stole your password and posted this.:confused:

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

He's been chittin like that for a while in jest.......believe me, he's diehard LSU. Funny bastid but all LSU.:)

1 person likes this.
  9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Patience comes from being a fan of any team in the rough and good times. I am sure that most fans jump ship, so I dont get your point. It just sounds like the same ole Bama plea I have seen on this board every year.:confused:

BTW, I run through blogs for almost every SEC school. I see the same amount of threads and post about LSU at the Bama boards.:wink: I would describe obsession as coming to an LSU board and actually trying to show LSU fans the light on how all of the SEC is doomed because Bama is on the right track. I heard it with Shula and the recruits that have come to Bama in the past.

Patience my friend, that will be key to the future success at Bama. Not only do the fans have to have patience but also the wealthy university officials and donors.

I think all LSU fans know a little something about patience as well and it was worth the wait.

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

To be fair, when these discussions come up on this forum I tend to jump in on them. (Not all, just the ones that are actually discussing something.) I'm sure a lot of those threads would drop off the first page if I didn't continue to make posts on those threads.

Just sayin...

Links?

On Shula and that comment...

To be honest, most fans I know said one of two things will happen. One, he'll learn on the job and make the transition, or, two, he'll be here a few years, keep the lid on things, and we'll end up with a proven coach in 4-5 years. He *sort* of accomplished #2.