A comparison of interest levels: LSU Basketball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Jan 16, 2005.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Not even close, nothing is bigger than LSU football at LSU, nothing ever will be. The donations, the media interest, the fan interest, the dreams, etc. Basketball could win 5 straight Final Fours and it would still be dwarfed by football.

2. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

Women's figure is more impressive because there have been times in the past where there wasn't 500 people in the PMAC for a women's game. I personally don't like women's basketball but I've watched the Lady Tigers on occasion because they're very talented and play good basketball. I'm very happy for Pokie Chatman. She's a great person and I think has turned into a fine coach that it's worked out for her.

The men's basketball team has shown why John Brady needs to go...inconsistency. Losing to Houston or USM, but beating Ohio State, Fla. State, South Carolina. This team has the talent to be competing for a Sweet 16 spot, not treading at .500. The men's team is the only major sport not competing for championships. It's time for LSU to cut bait on Brady and go after a top assistant like Johnny Dawkins at Duke or someone at one of the top hoops schools.

3. peterkylesen

peterkylesen Freshman

Maybe Pokie will pull double duty????The women's team is on cruise control anyway.[​IMG]

4. PGTiger

PGTiger Founding Member

Now yes, there is no doubt football is more important than basketball. Not even close. I was just saying that basketball was big back when we had Shaq and Jackson.

5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Dont call me Shirley.

I share the same feelings as others have shared. I think 5,000+ fans for a womens bball game is pretty impressive, while just over 6,000 fans for a mens game is weak.

Who knows, though, there is a lot of talent on this team. If they can string together a little winning streak, those numbers may get better. A win against Arkansas this week would be big, though I fully expect to lose to UK on saturday. If we can follow up with a win against Ole Miss, we may on the right track.

As great as the OSU game sounded on the radio, it still seems like we arent playing much defense. That has to change.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

man, women sure do suck, they have basically the best team in the country and they still cant bring as many fans as an average sec mens team.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

:grin:

Not disagreeing, but, dayum! 18 3 pointers? Those dudes were on fire.

8. roygu

roygu Founding Member

I doubt we will ever play good defense vs a good three point shooting team. Our guards are so short they simply shoot over them.

9. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Womens basketball is growing and is more popular than any other sport in college except of course football and men's bb. ESPN2 CBS and FOX SPORTS all televise womens games, in fact ESPN2 and FOX carry games weekly.

10. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I've noticed women's bb-ball more and more on ESPN/ESPN2/Fox Sports lately. In fact it seems as though there is a game televised every night.