A court victory!

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CParso, Feb 18, 2006.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

http://www.thewbalchannel.com/travelgetaways/7049348/detail.html

2. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

If you have to prove you can put the armrest down, there is a problem to begin with. ;)

3. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

I bet the "fat", "black", "woman" was seeing $ signs. I'm glad to see the airline win this.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I saw this lady on a talk show once and she was complaining how nobody respected her because she was overweight. This woman passed "overweight" a long time ago - she's huge. How can she expect people to respect her when she doesn't respect herself.

And for her to say the only reason they did this to her was because she was black and/or a woman. Total BS. The problem is she didn't fit in ONE seat - race & gender are not a factor!

This woman is an example of what's wrong with so many people today. She thinks the whole world is out to get her and blames her problems on them. I think she should suck it up & put down the big mac.

5. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

That's the problem that is becoming ever more present in this country: people are not willing to take responsibility for their own actions. No matter what, it's always based on weight, sex, race, whatever. Heaven forbid you be responsible for your own life. :dis:

If you're overweight, quit eating so much. Obviously it's worked for other people. If you're poor, go out and get a job. It may not be a job you want, but if it pays the bills and puts food on the table, it's good enough. If you're displaced and worried about not being able to vote in the upcoming elections in New Orleans, call the city and find out what you can do. Don't call the NAACP and tell them you're being racially discriminated against.

Oh, but I forgot, people are unable to do things for themselves. It's always somebody else's job to do something for them.

[​IMG]

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Blame the liberals. They're the ones making people think this is acceptable.

7. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

hell yeah, she was seeing $$ signs, she used all 3 possible cards...1)fat, 2)black and 3) a woman....ya don't think that was a little premeditated? ;)

8. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

"Customers of size"..........now that's pretty special.

If you've ever suffered through a 3 hour flight under the arm pit of a "customer of size", (all you frequent flyers know what I mean), you've got to love this decision. Once on the way to Reno, this elephantass woman settled in by me. By the time we landed, I had enough dusting powder on me that I looked like I'd spent the winter in a flour sack.

9. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

There really needs to be tort reform to get rid of these trivial lawsuits. It seems to me to win a lawsuit there has to be some sort of injury, either physical or economic, and there has be be either serious negligence or the violation of law, policy or regulations.

10. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I am glad the airline won the lawsuit, but often weight is a genetic problem rather than overeating. I suspect this is especially true with blacks who tend to have a bigger (no pun intended) weight problem that whites. This is just my opinion based on my observations and not based on any study or anything I have read, so I could be dead wrong.