A Cure for the Dropsies?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TC, Oct 8, 2007.

1. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

I guess it is a matter of growing pains in letting the receivers settle down. I remember in the 2004 season the receivers aside from Bowe were also dropping passes left and right from time to time. In 2005 they blossomed.

I still have faith in Lafell and Jared Mitchell; we have seen what they are capable of. Just hope they step up soon. Tolliver and Byrd seem to have good hands, but I am not sure how well they run the routes and block being newer to the team.

2. raysez

raysez Freshman

Also true. So the bottom line is that if the passing game improves, then nobody can stay with this team! And Miles needs to do whatever it takes to clean it up.

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Just watch the Little Giants

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Young receivers need to learn to watch the ball all the way into the hands. Sometimes that's tough to do when you know you're about to get drilled by a DB. It comes with experience and gaining confidence.

As far as Hawaii and Boise St. I think their level of competition says a lot as to why their passing games are effective. They aren't facing SEC secondaries.