A Discussion About A Certain Coaching Staff

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Geekboy, Oct 27, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I would be happy too, hell i'm happy with a W. I think the only win i wasn't real happy about was the LaTech game last year. That was ugly. But, here is a question that has been asked before and some think it's on Les and some think it's on our resident jerk off in charge Joe Alleva.

Can Les Fire Crowton, or do what he did with Malveto and try and find him another job? Is that something Les has the power to do?

2. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

I hope not. Why would he want to get him a job as a football coach when when obviously is horrendous at coaching an offense? That's kind of like firing a guy for theft and writing him a letter of recommendation to a job as a security guard. Not great for your professional credibility. It's not Les' job to coddle an incompetent coach. Nobody wants to be the bad guy, but just a slight glance a his results will tell you he's so obviously not good enough to hold this job. I don't care where he ends up and neither should Miles or Alleva. Maybe he saved up all them money he's been stealing form us since he got here. He certainly hasn't earned it. Les should be more concerned that he will win a lot more respect from cutting Crowton and righting the offensive ship than about looking bad by firing him. I'd respect him more.

3. LaSalleAve

you missed my point, does Les have the authority to fire him, or let him go?

4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Not with the buyout he has, or at least that is my understanding from several past conversations on this topic. Which unfortunately Miles is responsible for the dumbass contract that GC has. Miles needs to find the idiot a job, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anyone knocking our door down to take him. I wonder why.:bncry:

5. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

If true I think it's only an excuse that can plausibly be used once, and that's it. Nobody is going to tell me with a straight face that a program that can afford to pay a HC $15M left on his current contract can't afford to can a freakin offensive coordinator making around 6 figures.

I really used to buy into the Alleva conspiracy, but I'm not so sure now. If there were that much bad blood between the two and Les felt he wasn't getting the job done, Les would've demoted Crowton by now, officially or otherwise. And by all indications that hasn't happened and likely won't.

6. TigerBacker70

Ah. I did miss your point. I don't know the answer to that.

7. TigerBacker70

So am I understanding you guys to say that Miles can't fire Crowton because Alleva won't let him because of the money he'd be owed in a buyout? That's ludicrous.

8. LaSalleAve

that is what i'm wondering.

9. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I personally don't know, but that is my understanding from past discussions on this and other boards.

10. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I think it's because Miles went and got Crowton a raise the year prior. Crowton makes something like $480K per year, and maybe there is another year on his deal. Not sure about that.

But, you're not going to give a guy a raise, cut other programs out because of financial constraints, then send this same coach packing a year later (buy-out in hand) and hire a new guy at $400K per year.

That looks bad on LSU, right?

So I think, maybe, this was why Alleva made Les keep Crowton (if in fact that's how it went down).

Additionally, I doubt there was another offer for Crowton at $400K per year, which means LSU would have paid the difference.