A Fair Challenge For Les

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hawker45, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Using the math, given Saban's record from 2000 to 2005, Miles needs to average 9-3 to assure LSU of a top ten program finish. This seems in line, also, of what he would have to do to keep LSU in the hunt each year. To me, the goals are compatible.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Consistency is a big key. Realistically, it should be a big dissapointment if we ever win less than 8 games in a season (barring extraordinary circumstances).

Also, it matters who we beat. It's very disheartening to a team to not be able to beat a certain opponent every year, or not be able to win the championship game/bowl game - whatever. There should be no particular type of game that LSU can't seem to win with Miles.

As mentioned previously, how we lose is very important. We should be competitive in every game - come in prepared and fight for the W. Every team & every coach will have a letdown game sometimes, but they need to be to a minimum.

If Miles does all these things, and I suspect he will, then it'll be no time before he's being mentioned as one of the greatest coaches in the country.

3. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

This year will be a good test for LM. If he can go 10-2 I would call this a successful year. Anything 8-4 or below he will have serious heat on him...especially since we should win all of our home games.:geauxtige