A Fantasy

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A Billion to 1 odds against this but wouldn't it be awesome of for some reason LSU had to put Josh Maravich in the game in the last few seconds of the National Championship game and he hit the winning shot?

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

His daddy would be proud. I would like to see Josh to at least become a somewhat regualr backup someday.

3. Deane Pimps LSU

Deane Pimps LSU Freshman

Hmm, Maravich's son making it off the bench to hit the game winning shot, in the national championship no less.

Sorry, but I think you guys have a better chance of getting Shaq to come back for his final year of eligibility. Being in the SEC and all, I'm sure where there's a will there's a way if you catch my drift...

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Josh could work his way into a role player and see regular playing time in future years. Hultberg was such a player. He was always the 8th or 9th guy, but he was quite good at a few things, like taking fouls and free throws, and he had a high-percentage shot in situations where his defensive man was playing with fouls.

If Maravich develops a specialty that Brady can use in situations, we will see him in the first half of a lot of games. He's just a freshman, we won't see him this year. But when he's a senior ...

5. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Deane, by "your drift" do you refer to schools that have self-policed ineligibility for this year's NCAA tourney due to NCAA violations? I seem to recall a certain Big 11 team that has ruled itself ineligible for this year's tourney, for much more egregious violations than an automatic "A" class on coaching. Don't sell your Big 11 short, Deany.

Oh, and at least the SEC prohibits teams ineligible for the NCAA tourney from competing in the SEC Tourney, unlike the Big 11.

6. Deane Pimps LSU

Deane Pimps LSU Freshman

No, by "my drift" I mean the SEC as a whole, except for Vanderbilt. The SEC is the filthiest conference in the country. Its motto should be "If ya ain't cheatin, ya ain't winnin!".

If you think the "A", which by the way is major academic fraud, is the only reason why Georgia is out of the tourney this year, then I wish I had some of those blinders that you have over your eyes. It would be nice to be oblivious to everything.

As for Meeechigan, they should get a whole lot more coming to them, and if they don't then it's a sham. But current people had nothing to do with it, this was 10 years ago.

7. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Deanie, take a look in the mirror to see the blinders. The Big 11 is not oblivious to charges; neither is the SEC. To think that the SEC is the "filthiest conference" while the Big 11 is squeaky clean is ridiculous. Just look at Michigan, Northwestern and Minnesota in recent years -- and that's just in basketball. There are problems in major college athletics, and those problems are not limited to the SEC. So, don't come over to an LSU board with some holier-than-thou attitude about the Big 11. We ain't buyin' it.

8. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Amen to that SoLa!!!!