A fat tax?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Jerry, Jun 10, 2003.

1. Jerry

Jerry Freshman

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Let the Limeys tax their fish and chips all they want but leave my Oreos, Snickers and Bluebell Ice Cream alone.

They'll take my Oreos when they pry my cold dead teeth away from the creamy middle filling.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

So, my $3 package of Oreos is now $3.50? Yeah, that'll make me switch to rice cakes.

4. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

How much you want to bet that after this tax is levied to "pay obesity-related health costs", they end up just tossing it into the general fund?

Of course, at least this would be a voluntary tax, as opposed to confiscating people's income or their homes.

5. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

First the smokers, then the overweight, then the elderly and finally anyone whose 'quality of life quotient' is deemed to be a financial burden on the state...you can insert practically any group you like that category....in fifty years this place is going to look a whole lot different, you can bet the ranch on that one.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Lets not stop at the fast food places. Lets sue the local high end restaurants too. Just the other night I was in TJ Ribs here in Baton Rouge. I had intended on ordering a salad with lo-cal dressing but the waitress whipped out her .44 magnum and stuck it to my head and told me "Your having the Baby Back Ribs with a baked potato with extra butter, sour cream and cheese or I'll blow your brains out" Needless to say I had the Baby Back Ribs and baked potato and I was so afraid of the waitress that I forced myself to enjoy it. Any lawyers reading this want to take the case?