A Few Observations

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Kikicaca, Oct 13, 2019.

1. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

If Aranda can start making those adjustments a lil sooner that would be huge. The tackling and focus were better as well in the second half. There are several things that do make me feel a bit optimistic about the D.

Shelvin is really emerging, he is a huge load in the middle. He regularly gets a big push up the middle, which helps the outside.

Chaisson is getting healthy at the right time. Hopefully, he stays healthy from here on out. He is cat quick off the edge and will give hell to any OT trying to block him.

Brooks needs more time at OLB. That kid is quick and would help Chaisson on the other side.

Despite a few struggles, Stingley is going to be a two time first team All American. He may make a few teams this year. I'd have him shadow the other teams best WR. Fulton is having a great year as well. They make a great duo.

We need someone to emerge at nickel. Vincent gets beat too regularly.

I like the aggressive second half calls, we need the pressure. I rather get beat big playing to win, than just letting them pick us apart.

2. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

Great point about adjustments ... Aranda does this earlier and FLA doesn’t sniff 20 points ...

Hindsight serves as a Lessons Learned. They gonna get on his ass on the coaches show this week for sure with this point

Our DL ... Shelvin needs a Logan on one side and a Lawrence on the other ...

We’ll call it a
    G~U~M~P~C~H~O~K~E
    S~A~M~I~C~H ...

Add a little K’Lavon cocktail sauce and some Divinity Habanero with an occasional splash of Sauce A La Delpit et al and you get a

T~U~A ... M~I~S~C~U~A ...
    O~R ... T~H~R~E~E~A

3. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Yes agreed I like our chances in a shoot out

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

What I don't understand is the need for adjustments at all....why weren't we throwing heat at their QB from the opening snap? We heard all week about his inexperience as a starter on the road. So what do we do? Rush 3 and let him sit back in the pocket, make his reads, and basically get comfortable. I've always thought the best pass defense is a pass rush. Never let the QB be comfortable in the pocket. Given enough time any QB will eventually find a receiver against even the best secondary, so don't give them the time they need!

When Aranda came here, it was with the reputation for designing and executing clever pass rush packages. I really don't see it.

kcal, ParadiseiNC, LSU_4_LIFE and 2 others like this.
  5. mctiger

Credit where its due.....I've been highly critical of Austin Deculus, but the last couple of weeks, it seems the light has come on. He's playing much better.

kcal and lsu-i-like like this.
  6. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Deculus has made drastic improvements. Last year he was a false start waiting to happen. The OL has really improved since last year. They're a well coached group. If the run blocking continues to improve, look out. That just makes Burrow and the receivers that much more effective because of a more honest D.

7. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

I expected the same from the opening snap. Hell predicted 13 points ...

Folkses are gonna roast them in the Coaches show this week ... Good News: If we play them again we know how to destroy them from the onset

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Met his dad last week

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Coaches see things fans dont see. Believe me there are reasons they did what they did the first half and I trust they are not so bad as to not see what was happening on the field. Also lighting a fire under their asses at halftime had an affect too.

10. mctiger

Yep, I remember Jim Mora questioned by the media under similar circumstances (we had no pass rush): "You think you know what we're doing, but you just - don't - know. And you never will." Well, I may not know what you're doing, but when I see a zero in the sack column, I know whatever it is, it ain't working. In LSU's case, I may not know what he's trying to do, but I see us allowing 4, 75-yard touchdown drives in 5 possessions. It ain't working. I don't think "lighting a fire under their asses" had anything to do with it. Defense pitched a 3 and out on FU's first possession. They were plenty fired up.....did they suddenly go to sleep? It was a poor scheme to start the game. I expect better from one of the highest paid (the highest paid?) DC in the college game.

kcal, ParadiseiNC and lsu-i-like like this.