A Few Observations

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Kikicaca, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

So you think O and A are seeing what was going on in the first half and were too stupid to do anything about it or it was a little more complicated than that? So it's one or the other. They didn't see it or they saw it and aren't good enough to fix it till the half. We are 6-0 rated # 2 so I have to believe our coaches are good to great. Once again football is complicated it's not so simple as you think it is.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Obviously, they saw it and fixed it at halftime. But go back to what I said in the first post. You've got a QB making the first road start of his college career, a guy who was playing on a leg injury. Why would you not scheme to make him as uncomfortable as possible, from the opening kickoff? It was actually a similar approach to the NSU game, and even that team, now 0-5 in the Southland Conference, was able to march up and down the field on us until we adjusted from a max cover approach to a pressure the QB approach.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Best be on Tuas ass from the jump. I have no doubt we can score on anyone just about at will. I would feel better if we didn't just give him time to make a sammich before throwing it to Judy

ParadiseiNC and el005639 like this.
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I hear you MC but do you believe O and A didn't see what you were seeing? O and A are both defensive coaches with O having a pedigree defensive resume' yet you still don't trust their coaching decisions? Maybe they were seeing with their years of experience what neither you nor I were not seeing. I believe it's the latter.

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

However if we blitz him too much Tua will eat us alive. Sometimes you bait a QB into a bad decision instead of constant pressure which a mobile great QB like Tua will exploit. Fake blitzes and faking man coverage then switching to zone and visa versa. I trust O and E will have a good defensive gameplan for Tua.

6. shane0911

Well there you have it. The lover of mond has spoken

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Wait til Mista Mond meets our DB’s.

8. didit

didit Veteran Member

Fuck Jim Mora... I remember that speech... It was response to the predictable d we always ran when we got the lead *cough* prevent *cough*... Everybody at home, the stadium, the press and unfortunately the other coaches could see what we were doing... Dome patrol would be killing opponent for 3+ quarters then we'd shut em down and give up points in bunches in the past 3 minutes... What was worse was the prevent offense we ran with it... Morten Andersen was a blessing and a curse... Soon as we hit the 40, it was settle for a fg... Had the best d in football and a time consuming running game and couldn't win 1 fucking playoff game... Fuck Jim Mora... Rant over

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I may have overshot on Mond. However he is better than everyone thinks.

10. shane0911

Yes you did and no he isn't