a few thoughts on 2005 recruits

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by alumni95, Mar 7, 2004.

1. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

1. Saban is already locking down the La borders again! 5 commits including the top RB! Let's hope Mr. Perriloux jumps on board soon.

2. I hope Dajileon Farr (top Texas recruit) and Tremaine Johnson (2004 recruit) are great friends. They are both from the same HS in TX (Galena Park).

3. That guy from Maryland (Derrick Williams) sounds like a stud. Let's hope our MD link is still wide open! (David Jones, Barrington Edwards, Patrick Fisher...)

2. DJ

DJ Founding Member

Unfortunately, I think Stan Hixon was our Maryland connection, and he is now with the Redskins. The tradeoff, though, is that we now have three assistants with serious connections to talent-rich Florida. While we have done a great job getting serious talent out of Florida since Nick arrived (Travis Daniels, Amp Hill, Xavier Carter, to name a few), we will probably have a legitimate shot at many more prospects from Florida going forward.

On the other hand, I think I saw where LSU was presently on the top of the heap in Farr's estimation. Galena Park has had several quality recruits over the last few years, so it is a good school for LSU to develop from a recruiting perspective.

3. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

good point about Hixon... darn. but you're right about the good news in Florida. I remember reading about the Florida connection for the new assistants also.

Insiders already has an early Top Texas 100. #1, #2, & #3 look to be very interested in LSU and have offers.

http://recruiting.theinsiders.com/2/239486.html

(PS, anybody know where the LINK button is in the new forum?? you used to be able to insert a link w/ a title)

4. alaman

alaman Founding Member

Farr and Johnson are close friends. LSU is also recruiting a lineman on same team and in good shape with him too.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

It's the 4 button from the right underneath the 'color" box I think.

6. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

thanks cajdav, thought i looked up there, but apparently not good enough. found it, THANKS!

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Farr lists LSU as "high" and the rest are all medium, per rivals.