A Game of Thrones Season 6 HBO.

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Feb 21, 2016.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So after careful consideration I've decided I'm being too much of a nerd and I will partake in watching season 6. The books should be looked at as separate entities all together. I apologize for spoilers for season 5 but it's been out for so long, tough titty.

What does everyone think of Jon Snow's fate?

Is he dead and never returning?

Is he dead and will be revived by Melisandre?

Did he warg into Ghost like Varymyr did into his bird?

Is he dead and will be turned into a wight like the Night's King?

Season 6 returns in April of this year.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I have no clue but I am leaning to wight like and maybe Melisandre has a role in that somehow. The Stark blood he holds fights off turning into straight white walker. In the books isn't his uncle Benjin dead and helping the living vs the dead, maybe that was a past Stark I am thinking about IDK.

I am covinced that it may be a while before we get an aswer though...not in Episdoe 1.

3. LaSalleAve

No one really knows if Benjen is Coldhands. There is a wight that helps Bran and Hodor, Jojen and Meera, who is Coldhands, it's believed he is Benjen because he does wear nightswatch gear but it's not confirmed. I think it's going to be Melisandre that brings him back. Remember in the show Coldhands was cut so there is no precedent for a good guy wight. We did however see Beric revived by Thoros of Myr a red priest of R'hllor. Mel is a priestess of R'hllor. And they cut Lady Stoneheart who is revived by Thoros, the late Catelyn Stark. Why cut that? Could it be because you don't want to overuse the whole bring someone back from the dead thing? That's what I think, Mel is at Castle Black.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Mel seems like the the most likely and obvious for sure. Only thing that that threw me off is that there were reports that the season starts with a funeral scene at Castle Black and I assume that means burning the body. But there were also reports that a big battle scene was being filmed toward the back end of the season and Kit was on the set.

5. LaSalleAve

Yes there are photos of Kit, one I saw was him fighting in what looked like Stark gear.

6. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Hey, that's a Season 6 spoiler :)

7. LaSalleAve

Could be a fake though

8. LaSalleAve

Do you guys know the R+L=J theory?

9. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

There were so many "oh shit!" moments in the early books, but eventually 2+2 must equal 4. Mel will resurrect Jon. Jon is released from his oath because he died. He has the claim to the North from his brother and will rally the North against the Boltons.

10. LaSalleAve

So you know the theory right, Howland Reed is supposedly the only one alive who knows. Is it possible Bran figures out Jon's lineage through the Weirwood pipeline in the show? I haven't seen Howland Reed cast and hell, he is only mentioned in the books.

By the way that's what I believe too about Jon, Mel will bring him back, the question is will life have to pay for life? Could Theon be the sacrifice? He has king's blood. Will Mel realize Jon is Azor Azhai reborn? Or could Jon be reborn and join the BwB and be Jonnie Stoneheart?