A Game of Thrones Season 6 HBO.

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Feb 21, 2016.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It was definitely a good episode and may have won me back, easily a top 5 episode in the entire series. Summer's death was shitty, tired of them killing wolves and I'm anxiously awaiting the books to see if they live or if it's just D&D saying F you to the fans. They admitted that Hodor's arc was all GRRM though. Hodor is the real hero in this whole story.

2. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

Poor Hodor. They killed another sympathetic figure, now they will kill an evil one. Take Littlefinger, I am tired of him.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

They confirmed that the Hodor thing was all GRRM.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Even before the Hodor arc, the episode was packed full of information and right when you think you have a good grasp the Hodor part comes and now "Lost". Timelines, etc...have so many possibilities. What else has Bran done to change things in the past and future? Was he Brandon the Builder?

5. bhelmLSU

I love Littlefinger...he is basically the main reason for a majority of the misfortunes of others since the beginning and prior to where the show picks up. However, he is the only main character I can think of who hasn't suffered in any form physically so far.

6. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Little Finger would fit right in with many Shakespearian villains...

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Would be a good Indian name. Little Finger shoot many birds.

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I'm with you there. There was no need for Summer to die. That entire scene could have played out the exact same way with the wolf escaping. And another thing, can they throw us a bone with Araya? She doesn't have to win their sparring sessions, but can she at least get in one good shot that draws blood from the waif?

As for Hodor, I'm not sure I follow what happened there. So Bran somehow warged into Hodor while having a vision in the past, so Hodor has a seizure that affects him from that point? Is that how that scene went down?

And so now we know the children of the forest created the forest created the Night King, but they can't destroy him? If Bran can alter/change the past, why doesn't he just go back to before Ned was killed? Or better yet, then entire series is a dream.

9. bhelmLSU

What is the big deal in with wolves dying? I'm lost...are yall imagining your puppies at home or something weird like that?

10. bhelmLSU

The scene showed that Bran is still trying to figure out how this all works and that he has already done things to change things in the past and it also shows that some things are just destined to happen. It is really hard to get a grasp of but we just got a glimpse of it.

Why would Bran only go back to when Ned was killed? It would seem he needs to go much further back to prevent the Night's King from being created or maybe even further to the land dispute between the Children and the First Men. But could he really change every outcome or are some things just destined to happen?

BTW...why was that guy the chosen one to be the Knight's King? I know there are theories that he was the 13th Lord Commander of the Knight's watch. And maybe more importantly what was that material shoved into his chest? Maybe that is something of significance.