A Game of Thrones Season 6 HBO.

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Feb 21, 2016.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Don't see an issue with it all. The impact last night was great even after the others and we still have 2 left which isn't all.

All Men Must Die even Wolves...

2. bhelmLSU

How confident are you that Bran can't change the past from a book POV? I see many book readers saying it is possible and showing quotes and stories from the books that could imply Bran may end up with greater power than Bloodraven hence the reason he waiting for Bran for so long. Others have the same opinion as you.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

For me it just wasn't good enough. Lady's death in the show was the only one that was done right. It was impactful, it had meaning, and symbolism. Yeah you could say Summer's death has some symbolism too, death of Summer, Winter is coming. I just don't like the way it was done, and I damn sure don't like the way Shaggy and Greywind were done. To me it doesn't seem like the show writers have any revere for the importance of the wolves.

4. LaSalleAve

Yeah the only impact it had on me was I was pissed. Watching with my in laws I'm like F U D&D, and they look at me like I'm crazy, which I probably am.

As far as Bran, yes, so at that minute Bran not only warged into Hodor he warged into past Hodor which changed Hodor at that point in history meaning it's really why he is Hodor the whole time from when Ned left. Seems to me Hodor knew this whole time he was going to die holding a door which explains why he is so scared of the crypts.

5. LaSalleAve

I should have been more specific, it's not that he can't change certain things from the past like Hodor, I don't think he can keep someone from dying. Maybe he can influence or have an effect on certain people in the past, I don't think he can prevent anyone from dying that's already dead. If that makes any sense.

Honestly I'm not real sure from a book point of view, all he has done is just watch things in the greendreams in the books. He even sees someone executed at the Godswood at Winterfell, let me see if I can find that part.

The first part is the last Weirwood dream in aDwD.

https://m.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1iift6/

Also, does Benjen Stark make his return this Sunday?

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  6. LaSalleAve

I guess I got my answer.

locoguano likes this.
  7. bhelmLSU

Good call...been waiting and hoping.

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Didn't the Bloodraven tell him that the 'past is written. The ink is dry'? Bran still may yet be more powerful, but unless the BR was lying, it doesn't seem like the past can be changed.

9. LaSalleAve

So if y'all get a chance, try to watch Bran's flashback again. 5 minutes and 53 seconds. Right after Young Ned says "where is my sister" there is a forearm and hand in leather and green cloth underneath with blood all over the place and something with a lot of blood on it. Could that be Lyanna Stark in childbirth? Or was that Robb holding Talisa. I couldn't make it out.

10. bhelmLSU

Yes...but many seem to think that Bloodraven is protecting him and not giving him the whole truth. If Bran is supposed to be more powerful than the Raven (hence why the Raven has been waiting for him for thousands of years) then maybe Bran will be able to alter certain things. But I do feel that LaSalle has valid points on the limits of that power. We will see...

For example one theory suggest that Bran could be the voices in the Mad King's head and we saw multiple visions through Bran last night of the Mad King and Wild Fire, etc...