A Game of Thrones Season 6 HBO.

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Feb 21, 2016.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Think Brandon helps in other ways but maybe you are right. I suspect Tyrian is a basterd of the Mad King.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Spoilers Below!!!!!!!

That is another popular theory circling the Internet. Another thing people are talking about is Jon's blood in the snow being shaped like a dragon. Personally I think it's coincidence. I thought about it some more last night and I just didn't like this episode. The writers just burn through the stuff that brings fans to this show but waste time on dumb shit. I mean you see a spear or a sword go through someone's mouth or eye but you can't show Stannis get cut down? You extinguish the entire Martell line in 3 minutes? I don't know. I do think that it's clear now that Mel will sacrifice herself to bring back Jon.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

To put R + L = J to rest, and show that maybe Snow is just Ned's bastard.

4. LaSalleAve

How would it show that?

5. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

The Dorne business annoys me. I liked Doran in the books... He was just starting to show that he was not a pushover and had a more intricate plot in mind. I guess with his son and Aegon being left out and Marcella no longer being a hostage, Doran didn't have a whole lot to do.

6. LaSalleAve

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!! Winter is coming bitches!!!

7. bhelmLSU

Damn good episode!

8. LaSalleAve

I'm gonna be critical of this one. While it was nice to see the Jesus moment, everything just seems like they are going for strictly shock value instead of actual storytelling.

We have now seen 2 kings, 1 Prince, 1 lord commander, and 1 warden die in 3 episodes, along with a mother and child earn by dogs.

Roose Bolton got off too easy. And Davos all the sudden is pals with Mel?

Bloodraven looked way cooler in Season 4, even though I love Max Von Sydow.

The previews for next week are obviously going to take us to the Tower of Joy scene where Ned finds Lyanna, through Bran's Weirwood dreams. But that was Ned Stark?

I understand they have very little time to pack all this stuff into 10 hours a season, it just seems like they waste time on shit no one cares about and rush through all the important stuff.

The question now though: Has Jon fulfilled his vows to the Nightswatch? And will we get the Rhaegar + Lyanna = Jon theory confirmed next week?

Remember this:

He never says you are my son, he says you are a Stark. His mother is really Lyanna.

9. bhelmLSU

Book readers won't be satisfied for sure but I couldn't imagine a better way to start season 6....I believe they directors have mentioned that they don't want to draw things out and even thinking of just doing a 6 episode final season instead of 10.

I don't see Davos and Mel as all of the sudden besties by any means.

I like how it went from ok John Snow is back but now what. Reminds me of the scene where the male priest said every time he brings his friend back a little less of him returns each time or something like that (can't remeber his name...the Hound put the sword through his shoulder). How many times will Snow have to be brought back and will it be different next time?

Not sure if R+L=J wil be revealed but at least the groundwork is going be laid out even more next week.

10. bhelmLSU

Next episode is called Oathbreaker...