A genuine question for the unwavering Miles/Crowton supporters

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsudolemite, Jan 2, 2010.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

LSU doesn't have an electoral college... we don't get to vote for our Board of Supervisors in the first place.

And yes, high school kids are more easily influenced than the Board of Supervisors. And if you want to influence the Board of Directors, write them a letter.

2. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Okay, so what do you plan on accomplishing by your complaining and whining? Try to convince more people not to cheer for LSU, to not spend money on LSU football, to not play football for LSU? And this helps LSU, how?

Oh, you think we'll fire our coach if you complain. No, he is on contract thru 2011. What don't you understand about that?

3. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

Just wanted to understand your thoughts on how you figured what you do, don't need your dissertation as to how to be a fan of my team. I know how the Board of Supervisors work. Thanks though. :thumb:

4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Again, Les is on contract thru 2011. Whining and complain about it isn't solving anything ... all it is doing is hurting LSU.

5. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

You keep telling fans not to "whine and complain" and how it's hurting the program and to find another hobby until the team improves and yadda tadda yadda. Over and over. The OP asked for supporters of the current coaching staff to present their logical reasoning for such support without getting all butthurt and argumentative. Are you capable of doing that? No offense to people with mental disabilities, but you sound autistic.

Go away till 2011
    Don't feel or say anything negative about LSU, recruits can hear you.
    Your opinion and feelings are irrelevant unless you agree with the establishment.
    Bear Bryant had some bad seasons in the 60's.

Feel free to cut and paste the above in every thread with any sentiments you deem detrimental to LSU as a program or just personally disagree with. How about you respect fans' right to be dissatisfied and post what they want as long as it's not disrespectful to their fellow posters?

AND IT'S SPELLED "MORALE" DAMMIT!

2 people like this.
  6. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I don't really defend Miles as much as I support Miles. Make sense?

See, the problem for me is - I don't know jack shyt about coaching a major college program. When fans say, "shoulda done this, or why not do that", how do we know they haven't tried it and it doesn't work?

I (we) don't know what happens behind closed doors, either. Saying that Russell Shepard is pissed about coming to LSU because he doesn't have playing time is pure speculation. Its also, best as I can tell, pissy fans that want to see RS on the field. I'm sure he and CLM talk plenty about his playing time. And maybe he hasn't played QB because he isn't ready yet. I don't know, I'm not close to the team or the Shepard family.

I have seen that only a few players have progressed over the year and to not give credit to Miles is the same as not blaming him for lack of progression. My problem with posters is the one-way bull**** that goes on. You can't take credit away and then give none.

If nothing has changed next year, then I'll be more upset. But for now, since I can't do anything but complain complain complain (which I refuse to do on account of not being any SEC coach at any point in my life), I'm gonna sit back and rough out the offseason, and get ready for September.

3 people like this.
  7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

By posting here I get to express my feelings and hear the ideas of others. I enjoy this, particularly when a post rings genuine.

One thing that really cracks me up is when the blind defenders of Miles say that Saban hasn't accomplished anything. That's a double standard. If Miles went undefeated in conference two seasons in a row, I think you'd believe Miles could never do any wrong.

8. charlie_c0756

charlie_c0756 Founding Member

LSU has had it's ups and downs with coach LM. Lately,,,,it's been a little more of the downside than the upside. I've seen moments of clarity when LSU has been on the field and waited for more. I got a little more, not alot. I still don't think that Les has earned a firing. As was said previously in this thread, theres a little more time on his contract and I think LSU as a school has to honor their commitment which was made when it was decided to hire Les. Les had his opportunity to head to a different environment in Michigan without losing any money or prestige. Les "manned up" and honored his commitment to LSU instead of being a punk. This also helped LSU's recruiting immensely. IMO, I say let Miles determine his own destiny and win some football games for LSU while his contract is still in place. If LSU needs to reevaluate the coaching situation at that time, let the chips fall where they may.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

3 people like this.
  9. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

A well-reasoned answer. Thank you, this is what I've been looking for.

For me there's always that temptation to give the coaches the benefit of the doubt for the reasons you mention, and I was perfectly willing to do that last year given that Pelini had left for Nebraska and Perrilloux left us in a hell of a jam. But then you have things like the Ole Miss game happen this year. To put that in perspective my mother, who knows less than zero about football, called me the next day asking why we waited so long to call timeout on the final drive. And that wasn't the only Football 101 mistake made that day. You look at the lack of discipline and focus that happened in 2008 and think it's going to be cleaned up b/c Les says it will...only to see exactly the same thing happen the next year. As for Shep, why do you not play him for a single series, especially when your RB corps is depleted and you need all the contributions you can get? That's partially what these bowls are about: getting younger players PT.

If some are still willing to extend the benefit of the doubt to Les regarding the team's performance, I can respect that. But for many of us, we're coming to the end of the line. I don't have to be a world class chef to know when I'm being served a terrible dish. Likewise, I don't need to have coached SEC football to realize there is something very wrong with this team in multiple areas.

1 person likes this.
  10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

As a negatiger I do recognize that Miles has some positive attributes. They aren't enough in my opinion based on what we've seen. I am open to changing my mind if I see a reason to on the field.

However, the argument that we shouldn't have an opinion because we don't have experience coaching football is tiresome. We all like football, of course we're going to have an opinion. Some of us are more knowledgeable than others, but most of us are more knowledgable than the average person. Like I've said before, I don't simply accept anything a doctor says because I'm not a doctor. There is room for critical thought even if one is not an expert in the field.

1 person likes this.