A genuine question for the unwavering Miles/Crowton supporters

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsudolemite, Jan 2, 2010.

1. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

Well put sir. I don't know that any of us has ever been president of the USA but that doesn't mean our opinions about the job he's doing aren't valid opinions.

2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I think if a lot of you guys would sleep better if you realize that this is a simple, internet forum for the exhange of ideas about Tiger football.

It is not the policy making board of the Tri-lateral Commission.

If we all thought and posted the same, it would be a pretty boring forum.

I am not in to calling people idiots and morons if I don't agree, and don't like that part when directed at me, but everyone has every right to express his or her opinions.

I also think that if you are trying to change someone's opinion, other than by giving your best insight, you are sure to be disappointed. I doubt anyone in the history of the universe has been swayed by an internet argument. I might be wrong. Don't think so.

hwr,

3. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I never said you can't have an opinion cause you never coached. I said "I, me, Bayou Bengal" can't cause I don't know.

LSU I like, you may be negative, but you always offer perspective and I appreciate that. You don't say Miles sucks and not back it up. You actually have a respectful outlook on things. You aren't any of the posters I am talking about.

4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Whether we like Miles or not (I think he's an upper tier coach), his ability to take notice to serious problems and fix them quickly are what will make people take notice. I think he genuinely wants to win here and be very successful here... but his "nice guy" personality is his achilles heal, his only serious flaw. The BCS takes notice to teams who hand their oppenents basketball type losses. It helps to push them higher in the rankings and thus they create for themselves better bowl games. He's had a problem doing this since crowtons been here, and is content on sitting on 7 point leads. He's the same way in the office. He's made relationships with these guys, who like him have have families, so he won't throw them under the bus. But college football is a cut throat sport, and i'm afraid if he doesn't learn how to sever the ties with a broken OC or other coaches, he's going to run himself out of town.

5. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Les Miles has made roughly 45 Million Dollars in Bowl Money for LSU. He averages 10 wins per season. You think for a second the BOS care if a player x gets a certain number of plays??

It's painfully obvious you don't have a clue how the BOS works. They will not fire a coach winning 10 games a season. It's not even a consideration.

About your negative attitude affecting recruiting, Daniel Mingea wrote this in March. It is a local article. Message boarders generally ignore it, because personally responsibilty is lost on "Blame the coach" Fans. Put your brain in park & just bash away. You have lots of company, with it being a short cut to thinking. You are the "Negative vibe" they are talking about, make no mistake.

Message Board Users Beware | TigerRag on LSU Sports - NOLA.com

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Good post. This is basically how I feel, but I do think CLM is a bit slow to make change, which effectively creates a snowball effect and takes longer to right. But nobody is perfect; even Saban has flaws:lol:

7. ParadiseiNC

Fair criticism, but I personally wouldn't go so far and say I would prefer him to be the way the "trend" in college football has been, to win essentially "at all costs". One of the things I actually love and appreciate about CLM is his class and respect for which he approaches the game. I would argue he is one of the few who can run a clean and proper program and still have success in this system. Heck, he is averaging 10+ wins per season in 4-5 of those with one NC. That aint bad for a guy not trying to "impress" the pollsters and BCSers.

I do agree that he doesn't make changes quick enough, but I have stated that numerous times now.

8. ParadiseiNC

Very good, insightful points. You are eluding to the real behind the scenes issues - the ones that really effect the decision makers and influence sentiment. I have not read that article, but thanks for bringing it to our attention.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I don't have a problem with venting nor do I have a problem with those who are fed up with Miles and the direction of our program. What bugs me is a few posters who insist in bringing it up in every single football thread. And it works both ways. John, we know how you feel. The ones that need to go are posters like TC and dan who show up only when bad things happen.

1 person likes this.
  10. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

I just hope some of those posts can be less gloomy;a bit more more sunshine than dark clouds:wink: