A glimpse into an Obama victory and Liberal control of the 3 branches. Frightening!

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Oct 17, 2008.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Re: A glimpse into an Obama victory and Liberal control of the 3 branches. Frightenin

That wasn't the question. I never tried to hide that fact while answering the unrelated question. But to answer your statement, if the legislation had been passed, perhaps we wouldn't be in the situation we're in. Also, you, and many others, trivialize the situation.

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Re: A glimpse into an Obama victory and Liberal control of the 3 branches. Frightenin

And immigration reform

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

there is a lot more to the judicial branch than the SCOTUS. O will be able to change the make up quickly.

4. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

I know, but when most people think of it, it is that. I understand the POTUS appoints more than just Supreme Court Justices. And that's also why I put "yet" in there because he will be putting new judges in place and in all likely hood at least 1 new Supreme Court Justice. If he is there for 8 years than he may replace 2.

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Red, I disagree. Increasingly, I feel that the American people are very much sheep. Many of us take little time to think for ourselves any more. I know you work around largely educated people, so you probably see less of this day-to-day. I teach the products of some of the sheep, and it's not pretty (and I teach in a largely upwardly mobile area, other places are worse.)

Obama is not driven by ideology? What, then, does he base all of this "change" upon?

6. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Don't you find it funny to call Obama's people sheep but not McCains. Most of the people voting for McCain are doing so only because they don't like Obama.

I call them both sheep.

7. Tigerbnd05

She never said Obama's people were sheep. She said Americans are sheep.

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

probably different things to different people, but for me its change from the stagnant politics of the last 15 yrs

1 person likes this.
  9. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

I did make an assumption based on her last sentence.

10. Tigerbnd05

that's fine, I was just pointing out that it seemed to me she was responding to two different points made by Red.