A glimpse of tailgating at UConn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBengal, Aug 15, 2003.

1. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I have a friend that attend UConn in Storrs,CT. She really loves football but frankly their team hasn't been the best. UConn opens their new stadium this fall, Rentschler Field. From the pictures I have seen it is a pretty stadium but only holds around 40,000. I will likley have a chance to catch a game during fall break up there. I have told her about the tailgating down here for football games and she is soo jelous and she alerted me to the new rules that are imposed on them and all games begin at 12 noon! Count your blessing that you live in the South!!

Tailgating: Tailgating is permitted at Rentschler Field. Please review the Tailgating Rules listed below:

The vehicle and the associated tailgating activities may only occupy one (1) parking space. No activities are permitted in areas other than those associated with the parking space.

Saving a space for another vehicle is not permitted.

Grills, coolers, etc. must be set up in front or in back of the vehicle, however in no event may tailgating activities obstruct the free flow of other vehicles and/or pedestrians.

Ball playing and frisbee tossing in the parking lots and roadways are safety hazards and are prohibited.

NO CHARCOAL FIRES, open flames or large grills are permitted.
    No barbecues are permitted in the first row of parking surrounding the Stadium.

No structure may be raised that requires supports pounded into the ground.

Motor homes and oversized vehicles may park only in the designated “Oversized Vehicle” Lot.

Caterers, other than the official caterer of Rentschler Field, are not permitted on the property. The sale of merchandise, food or beverage is prohibited.

Kegs or bulk quantities of alcohol are not permitted in any vehicle, in the parking lots or on the Rentschler Field property.

Glass containers are prohibited on the Rentschler Field property.

Trash receptacles are located throughout the parking lots. Please bag and dispose of trash to make it safer for vehicles exiting.

No outside food or beverage may be brought into the Stadium.

Guests will not be allowed to enter the Stadium if they are visibly intoxicated.

Tailgating is not permitted once the event begins.

Anyone in the parking lots once the event begins must either enter the Stadium or leave the property.

Tailgating is not permitted after an event.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You vill obey ze rules, yah? Ve haff vays off making you haff fun!

3. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

Guests will not be allowed to enter the Stadium if they are visibly intoxicated

Man what kind of rule is that. Most of Tiger Stadium would be empty if we had that rule. Those are some strict rules.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

But their fans are so excited about their mighty Connecticut Huskies that the don't mind the restrictive rules, right?

5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I think they are excited about the new stadium but my friend thinks they will have a tough time getting students to come to the games. The stadium is in Hartford which is about a 30 minute drive from the campus.

Here is a link: http://www.rentschlerfield.com

6. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Kegs or bulk quantities of alcohol are not permitted in any vehicle, in the parking lots or on the Rentschler Field property. :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis:

Also, it appears that they forgot a rule: The having of any "fun" is strictly prohibited, those patrons having "fun" will immediately asked to cease and desist or leave the premises. However, if said patrons reduce their arousement level to "amused" they shall be permitted to remain.

Boy I'm glad that I live in the south!! :geaux:

7. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

that is a shame and you wonder why the students dont go to the games, they are all at the Frat house doing keg stands. And you know the game is not on tv. Please no talking during the game cheering for Uconn is prohibited and will result in fines. You will be asked to leave if you stand up. you poor poor people

8. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

Tailgating - Yankee style.

9. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Well, crap schools like that up here in the northeast need to have rules such as, "no tailgating once the event starts" and "you must either enter the stadium or leave" to put all their fans in the seats and make it look like they have fans.

10. GeauxTigers

GeauxTigers Founding Member