A guage by which to measure Leslie's intentions...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

OK then, apparently the first day news of RR being fired was the 4th. Then rehired...and refired on the 5th. :lol:

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

And Hill recommitted on the 7th. So, again...I don't understand how the question about when RR was fired has anything to do with any of this recruiting talk. Hill recommitted AFTER RR was fired. I'd be willing to bet he asked a question or two before recommitting.

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

The report from the pregame show was that the coaches were completely suprised to hear from Hill... so who knows what was discussed there.

4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I can't help but wonder about that calendar... Mike at Tigerbait just said today is part of a "recruiting dead period".. word for word... so I dunno.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Here's how and I'm not trying to nitpick, I promise, but from your post below:

That would mean a lot happened in what, 2 days? And it may have but I was just having a hard time believing Miles knew he wasn't interested in the Michigan job in that short of a time span AND while preparing for a bowl game on the 7th. Course his agent may have been told three weeks ago that RR was gone.

And maybe he did, if he's sure he's coming back, and only being a bidness man and trying to maneuver summa those non-raise things you spoke of that bring money.

Can you see what threw me though?

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

You'll learn. :lol:

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Well he'd be wrong. Although I believe there's one coming up b/w 1/10 and 1/13.

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

FWIW, a couple of things.

1) Although nothing was official, it was VERY much suspected RR was gone after the bowl game. IMO, it didn't matter that they got curbstomped. He was gone after 1/1/11 because at that point, his buyout dropped by like $1.5 million. Although there's no way to prove it, I think it's a bit naive to think that Miles knew NOTHING about this before January 4th or 5th. And again, to think that UM hadn't already put out feelers.
    -
    2) A "couple of days" is PLENTY of time for Miles or anyone on staff to have discussions with JH. Also, the dead period means coaches can't initiate contact with recruits. Not that recruits can't initiate contact with coaches. I bet JH had whoever was recruiting him at LSU on speed dial, especially with those fancy phones AU gives out to LA recruits.

9. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo

Interesting
    LSU's season's over, but not the Les Miles speculation | NOLA.com