A heads up for people going to the game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tygertail, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Carface

Carface What the...?

Ahhhhh... memories...

2. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Having been through the whole DUI thing recently, take it from me... it's a much better idea if you're going to be drinking to ride with someone. Aside from the fact that you risk possibly injuring or killing someone if you drive, it's not the type of thing you want to go through AT ALL... As for myself, I will likely be quite the drinker come Sept. 4th, but my ride arrangements have been made and I will not have keys on me with the exception of my house key.

Please people, don't do it.

3. IAM4LSU2

IAM4LSU2 Founding Member

I use to bartend and had to take alcohol classes and I think I remember them saying your body processes about 1 beer an hour. I will go look at the papers they gave and maybe they have a wesite. Think its knowledge we all should know but I think if we are doing math to see if we are sober enough to drive we just shouldnt take the chance.

4. tigermojo

tigermojo Founding Member

That's right. It's about 1 1/2 oz.'s per hour. Women process it a slower rate. Things like eating have little or no impact on the alcohol in your bloodstream. Size does matter somewhat.

Bottom line: If the cops think you are drunk, you go to jail. The odds of you getting pulled over and not going to jail even if you aren't legally drunk are very, very slim. So, even if you beat it, which few people do, you still get to spend the night with BR's great unwashed. Not the way I would choose to end the celebration of a Beaver licking. (sorry, that mascot just makes my inner-teen surface no matter how hard I try to keep him down.)