A History Lesson by Ole Ramah

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ramah, Sep 11, 2006.

1. ramah

ramah Founding Member

As I watched the 9-11 ceremonies on the news last night and that heaping helping of American Patriotism, Apple Pie & Mom ... my thoughts wandered to what really mattered this week ... and shades of days gone by.

DO YOU REMEMBER

5 Years ago ...

A vile animal held a cigar smoker at Tiger Stadium's midfield claiming ownership of LSU. LSU beat AU when it mattered most and took a NC in 2004, sat back and laughed as AU got snubbed a year later after a controversial 10-9 win at Auburn. In 2006, their kicker choked and we laughed again. The last laugh was ours! The last laugh will always be ours, because AU will be squeezed ever so slowly out of their perch by an emerging Alabama.

10 years ago ...

A vile animal (now deceased) named "Marrero" set fire to the AU gymnasium with a half filled liquor bottle thrown through a broken window. As Marrero's best buddy and skirt chasing sidekick responsible for countless acts of the most unimaginable debauchery of Auburn women over the years, I recall the past now with a melancholy and almost ghostly vision. I can still see Raion Hill on that great pick in the end zone and another LSU win. (LSU 19, AU 15).

Today ...
    History always repeats itself ... so it seems ... I'll be at Auburn for this game. Marrero will be there too. So will all the ghosts of the past. A furious ball of energy hurdling through the Universe, watched by none other than the FB Gods themselves. LSU leads the series, LSU has the better program, the better talent and has a lock on Louisiana, the best recruiting area per square inch in America except for Florida (targeted by ALL). AU is arrogant and ever so slippery ... and that vile animal who likes to SMOKE CIGARS AT MIDFIELD KNOWS ... He has met his MASTER ... THE ONE HE FEARS MOST OF ALL ... The ONE WHO HAS WHAT HE DOESN'T ... LSU :crystal:

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Newbs, may I present to you - the RAMAH!

3. Broke

Broke Founding Member

It's like Bigfoot. We have heard of him but never seen him . . . . until now.

4. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

He must only come out of hiding for the important ones.

5. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

He's been too busy buying glass fish and riding elephants

6. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Every board needs a good GHOST! I hear some chains rattling up in the atttic I think! May the spirits be with us this week. Got gris gris?

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Get lost Ramah, bandwagoner.

8. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

I wouldn't mind a little Jeff Boss gris-gris. That's the good stuff, chere.

9. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

ramah, tell us again about Marrero. I can't get enough of that story. Someone post the damn thing. It's good luck! :grin:

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

A little history lesson by Ole CParso

Ramah wanted the coach from Texas Tech as our new head coach. Said that Miles was incompetent, unable to recruit & definitely could not win a bowl game. He said our program would be in the pits with Miles at the helm & we were back to the Hallman years.

How are you feeling about that now, Ramah?