A little bit about Iona

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cpsilo1, Mar 12, 2006.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

iona has a good O on paper. obviously they have not played many good opponents. they beat iowa st., played uk close (6pts), but they have several losses to many average nontourney-bound midmajors. they killed every team in their conf tourney though.

they have two sort of beefy 6-7 forwards (235 and 240 lbs), and a 6-9 So f/c that gets less pt.

burtt takes over 35% of their shots! he's the shorter of their two scorers at 6'1". itll be interesting to see who cjb puts on him.

the guys with the ball shoot FTs well.
    their D is poor. this should be the difference. expect them to press, but i dont think itll be effective. they will eventually stick to a zone. will need some production from the frontcourt to make it easy. they may be like a poor man's tennessee.

with tasmin and darrel's discovery of penetration i think 3s are less necessary. the result will be good.

2. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Interesting to see how Brady defends him. Could give us a glimpse of how he'd attack Redick in Atlanta next week.

(PS-God, I hate Duke. I can't help but smile just thinking of getting them in the Georgia Dome. Bring it.)

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I will break into Mike Patrick's home to watch him cry himself to sleep when he and dookie v's Blue Devils go down. :hihi:

4. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

lack of depth will kill this team vs the orangemen. if brady could hold on to players he recruits neltner would have been a huge difference.

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i think he'll try a few things til something works. i bet he first tries to see if gt's height bothers him. can also see if dmitch can wear him like a glove.

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

if your parents hadn't been drinking that fateful night............

7. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

When you're a 4 playing a 13, the only team that can beat you is yourselves.

8. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

you are all class kcal. the fact is that neltner is one of about 25 defections since brady has taken over the program. who do you hold accountable? ross would have upped our chances but brady blew another one and you like many of you bury your heads in the sand.

9. LSUGOLFER

LSUGOLFER Founding Member

I agree 100% TY BRADY

10. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

sec champs 2006?