A little help for a lead foot in St Gabriel

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsutigerpaw, Sep 10, 2002.

1. lsutigerpaw

lsutigerpaw Founding Member

Hello, in the tradition of Louisiana politics, I got carried away on Saturday night returning home on LA 30 in St Gabriel and was sited for speeding by the St Gabriel Police Dept.
    I was wrong and wasn't paying attention and the police officier couldn't have been nicer except that he still wrote me up, which I cannot blame him.

I have a spotless driving record until this ticket and was wondering if anyone could help me out with my dilema.

Hate to mess up insurance rating with a speeding ticket, don't mind the monetary penalty, just keeping the record clean for so many years to do something stupid like this.

I suggest you email me instead of posting any replies on help.

Thanks for any help, a BIG TIGER FAN......
    lsutigerpaw

[email protected]

Thanks

2. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Most courts have a system that allows first-time offenders to pay the fine, but have their record cleared, not reported to insurance, etc.

3. roygu

roygu Founding Member

roygu

Unless you were going at a rate of speed, over the speed limit, to warrant reckless driving, then It probably won't affect your insurance. Most companies wait until the 2nd or 3rd in a time window before they consider you a risk.

4. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Typically, if you know someone in the Sheriffs office, you can null process the ticket, i.e., pay the court costs & get it wiped clean.

Or not.

5. BBF Admin

BBF Admin Guest

If all else fails, elect to take the defensive driving course. It will keep the ticket off your record, and they should offer it to you at court since this is your first ticket.

6. lsutigerpaw

lsutigerpaw Founding Member

Thanks

Hey, Thanks for the replies

I will be leaving for Japan for a few months and will be gone before the court date. I will try to contact someone to see what I can do.

Thanks again for the replies.
    lsutigerpaw

Hope to catch the Tigers on the Net while I'm away!