A little love from the Hogs

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Jun 15, 2004.

1. JETigER

JETigER Founding Member

i am not mad at arkansas fans, because they didn't beat me down when it came to getting tickets at the sugar bowl.

i am mad at LSU fans and will get revenge at random.

2. lsu92

lsu92 Founding Member

Nobody complained about our fans duing the Hallman years when our record was 4-7. I think lots of it has to do with the fact we are winning at a high level so we become the school to shoot down. I also think there is a big difference between our cities. On game day, campus is flooded with people from metro New Orleans and Baton Rouge. These cities are not nearly as rural as places like Auburn, Oxford, Starkville, Fayetteville, Tuscaloosa, Etc. New Orleans is an NFL city. The wild partying is natural to south Lousiana. Tiger Bait is done for kicks. I don't believe many of our guests from these more rural areas view it that way. It's not natural to them. They did not grow up in the south Louisiana culture of celebrating all events. LSU football is not just football, it's an event that is to be celebrated. LSU does have problems with bad apples, but not to the degree that it is made out to be in internet message board world.

I don't think its a coincidence that Georgia fans also take an internet beating. Like LSU, they are currently winning big and are located near a big NFL city in Atlanta. They are very vocal about their team. Personally, I enjoyed their company very much at the Georgia Dome. And yes, they were all barking at me. Some might have thought it was rude, I thought it was the spirit of college football.

3. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

dont forget we smell like corndogs and look fat on TV..... :champs:

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I sit in the SouthEast on the side of the endzone where it is 97% LSU fans for SEC games. There is a light sprinkling of visitor fans all around and especially above me and on occasion visiting fans have sat next to me. I've been in the same seats since Curley. Only once in all those years have I seen a visitor treated poorly and that time Tiger fans did indeed come to their defense. I also have friends that come to every Florida game at Tiger Stadium and have for many years and not once have they said that they have been treated poorly. I also sat in the student section for 4 years back when the student section was actually really good seats and again never seen anyone murdered or raped, no cars burned, no little old women fed to Mike. Believe me with an estimated crowd of about 120,000 on campus for each SEC game you will be able to find a couple of A-holes but give me a break some of these folks make it sound like a prison riot. :dis: :dis: :nope: :nope: :dis: :dis:

5. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

I heard that we're so terrible that we're mean even to each other!!!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

6. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Oh, really?

You didn't happen to be that Auburn fan sitting two rows above me and 6 or
    7 seats down from me, in the West Upper Deck, would you? You know, the one who was throwing cups of ice, and picking fights w/ LSU fans who couldn't reach him when Auburn fell behind 14-0? The same guy who screamed at an LSU fan's date that she was a whore? The same one that caused them to station a BRPD officer in our section? You wouldn't be THAT guy, would you?

Clean up your own crib before you come into ours, pal. That jackass was just the worst of the bunch. The rest of the Auburn types I encountered
    could be described as sullen and surly at best.

7. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

All fans are in denial about their fan's behavior. It's wrong to say that it's limited to just one school becuase it simply isn't. I'm sorry bad things happen to opposing fans, but at the same time I wonder how many either bring it on themselves (by acting as just as big jerks as the fans they complain about) or overblow things just to make themselves look like the good guy or victim.

8. JETigER

JETigER Founding Member

this year bad things will happen to home fans who beat me out of sugar bowl tickets

9. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Who cares anymore, I agree with another poster here. Just dont give a *&it anymore. I am so sick of opposing fans making up crap about us I just dont even defend us anymore. Its stories that people use to tear at us since LSU is on top.

I mean everyone is free to do what they want, but I just dont care anymore. We have all been to Tiger games and sure we have a few jerks but most of us are good fans and good people and we have a great heritage.
    They get upset because someone yells TigerBait at them then their team gets hammered. So they get bitter and make up stories.

I just dont care anymore,

For example I have been having some great conversations on WEN with some really cool Auburn fans, (About the BCS, should OU been in the game and Auburns new Offense)
    Then all of a sudden someone posts the monthly "POLL - WORST FANS" and the LSU dog pile begins, and these once pretty cool fans start posting things, like for example one of them proclaimed our 7 year old children would urinate on them, Ironically that was a Bama fan joining in the fun, and of course the usual, we are drunks, uneducated, etc etc. Some old song and dance. Its like when a Monkey in the jungle starts screaming all of them do. Same thing with these stupid posts. People let their imaginations run wild.

In short, I dont care, I know who we are, I am proud of who we are, I am proud of the people of my State and the people that support my state institution.
    And for those *(Sholes that will post crap like this and make stuff up. F, em.
    Sorry I am pissed but I am so sick of defending ourselves for stuff that never happens.

I will say again we DO have our share of jerks for fans, more so now that we are winning, but when an entire state supports a team (IE there is nothing else) the law of averages simply states that. I have on occasion told one of our own to shut up and quit being such an a-hole. However 99% of these stories are made up. We have no more or less jerks then Auburn or Alabama for example.
    What sickens me is when people drag an entire state of people and its heritage because someone said TigerBait to them.

10. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

The problem we faced last year was not at the stadium. The only problem I had there was some bitch out of no where stuck one of those shakers in my face and hollered "roll tide." The problem was walking to the stadium and back to our car in the Law School parking lot. We got there very early, as advised, Saturday morning around 9am. I went to meet a couple of people I had "met" on this board. That was neat. Then where we parked, a group of about 20 LSU tailgaters invited us to join them. We ended up spending most of the day with them having fun, teasing and talking a liitle footnball and a little smack.They fed us well. Then when it came time to go to the stadium, we started to say goodbye when they, note THEY, said it would be best if we walked with them because some fans could get a litlle carried away with visitors. Unfortunately we got seperated and ended up experiencing what they warned us about. It wasn't really all that bad. After the game it was a different story. We were harassed and the target of verbal insults all the way back to our car, and I assure it wasn't "tiger bait" stuff. Overall, I enjoyed my trip and look forward to coming back and I expressed that on this board after the game.These few didn't change my respect for LSU as a school. I will go out of my way in Auburn to step in when an Auburn fan is being rude to a visitor. It would be great to see that happen in BR.