A Little Red Meat, Bulletin Board Material: The Beavers' AD (!) Talks Smak!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Sep 1, 2004.

1. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

This was sourced to "an Oregon newspaper" on another site, but it's easy to tell by the way it's written that it's legit.

You guys are gonna love this stuff. Lead for "a half, maybe three quarters"?

Hmm...we'll see.

Now *that's* what I like: Pac-10 v. SEC. LSU beating Oregon St. is plenty good enough, but I love the fact that so many are looking at this in a larger manner as well.

Yes, this isn't Oregon, one of the best Pac-10 programs of recent years, edging out Mississippi St., one of the worst in the SEC during the same time period. Nor is this Auburn, a talented team with a coach incapable of getting his guys to play hard and well with expectations hanging over their head, losing twice in a row to USC.

No excuses, no spin. You're getting the cream of the crop in the SEC, Pac-10 apologists. If you Oregonians think that we play "a little country hadrball" down here, well...watch and learn.

Watch and learn. :lsug:

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

nice...listening to post Nick radio show and they said the strongest player in OSU is their right tackle who benches 385lbs whereas we have 45 players who bench over 400.

if this is true....oh my.... where its won and lost in the trenches will be, dare I say....ugly.

3. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Tirk,
    I just posted a thread on that, but can you believe that not even any of the lineman can BP 400? If this is true, I have no worries anymore...

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

no i dont believe it for one second. Id say impossible in todays age to be able to do that even you tried. But there may be something to their overall team strength but no one benching over 400? find a 5-A high school team and you will find a couple who can.

5. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

400 lbs. Holy crap that's heavy.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Not for a 300+ lineman. Even fullback Stoltz benchs something like 550. The key to winning football games is dominating the line of scrimmage on both offense and defense. To do that your team needs to have superior upper and lower body strength to your opponent as well as being coached in the proper techniques of the positions. Since Nick Saban has been here LSU has instituted a state of the art strength and flexibility program.

7. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

Maybe so, but.......

400 lbs. Holy crap that's heavy.

:)

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It ain't heavy. Its my brother. :lol:

9. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong ... Let's get it right

LSU players bench over 400 ... yes ... but you sell them short, short, short, short and short.

This short-strokin' of LSU strength will not go uncalled here ...

LSU is easily ... very easily ... the strongest TEAM IN AMERICA

Did you know we have several players benching ...

~B~E~N~C~H~I~N~G~ :shock: 500+ pounds ... several players :shock:

There is one ... on the cusp of a 600 pound bench ... the hairs on my phuggin' neck are tingling ... :eek:

I CALL HIM THE GREAT HUMONGOUS ... THE WARRIOR HUMONGOUS ... THE AYATOLLAH OF ROCKNROLLAH

... rumor has it 600 pounds (once and close twice) but a mere 585 on a regular basis.

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY HUMONGOUS ... THE WARRIOR HUMONGOUS ...

YOU ARE NOT WORTHY :hihi:

10. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

400 pounds and hopefully going higher :thumb: