A long look in the mirror

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by captainpodnuh, Oct 11, 2003.

1. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Let me start this discussion by saying that there is no need to call out any players or coaches by name. They know who they are and they need a good long look in the mirror tonight to decide what they are going to do for this football team starting tonight.

The team I saw tonight was not the same team that I saw in any of the previous games this season. A complete lack of discipline (e.g., 100 yards of penalties), lack of execution, and lack of drive.

I was so close to climbing on the undefeated band wagon and riding that baby all the way down to N.O. The season does not go out the window tonight. A 1-loss season is beyond respectable and a lot can happen between now and the end of November. We lost to a well-prepared UF team.

The only other comment I have is that the UF players are a reflection of their coaching staff and the stomping of the tiger at midfield following the game was a total lack of respect for our team, as well as themselves. That program has been a winning tradition for a long time, and they should act like they have been there before. Zook should send an apology out for those actions of his players.

2. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

Hang over from week off. They will get it back together. Remember 2001 it took a loss to wake the boys up...Chalk it up to a bad day.

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I didn't watch the end of the game, the last 3 minutes.

I dissagree with you when you say this wasn't the team you've
    seen all year.

This offense only shows up for cupcake games at best.

May I remind you that this teams offense didn't look any better
    in the Georgia game except a few penalties better.
    If It wasn't for the kicker we would've lost that game too.

This team needs to look in the mirror because if this offense
    shows up again we may beat La Tech and Alabama.

No hangover here, same offense from the vga tech, Auburn,
    Kentucky game last year, Georgia game this year.

4. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

I thought the offense did some things against a very good UGA D. I would like to see Saban tell Jimbo to open it up some more. We have some really speedy receivers who can run the post route and get open (ala Skylor Green), and we have a TE in Eric Edwards that has a great set of hands and can get open over the middle.

I would really like to see us throw the option out of the playbook. That play gives me a migraine everytime I see it.