A message to all the LSU cynics

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diehardLSUfan, Nov 9, 2002.

1. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

You know who you are: you're the fans calling in and saying that LSU didn't deserve to win and going to Kentucky's message board saying the same thing. That disgusts me. Please ask an LSU football player on the team that was out there all day if we deserved to win. I will say realistically, it wasn't the best of all games that we've played but when is LSU in Lexington ever for that matter?

Please don't be a killjoy for the rest of us. If you can't get out of the bitching and moaning "Archer, Hallman and Dinardo" phase of being an LSU fan, maybe you need to go root for Tulane or ULL. We don't need you.

It's one thing to show some class and give credit to Kentucky, it's another to speak on behalf of the team saying we didn't deserve the win and speaking on the rest of the fans' behalf saying we have nothing to be proud of.

2. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I agree,

The way i look at it, the team could have just quit, but instead they used every second of the 60 minutes that Saban asks them to play each game.

Kentucky is not the same football team as they usually are. If you know anything about football you had to know that they were going to score points and gain yards. It is not like we had to get lucky against some cupcake for the win. UK is a damn good football team this year.

They played a great second half, it was just Devery and Marcus's day on that last play.

I say that if nothing else, they deserved this win even more because they refused to give up.

3. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

A "W" is a "W"

I'm with you guys. LSU deserves to win...why? Because they did. They didn't cheat. The fumble that Kentucky fans booed sure looked like a fumble. The only angle they showed wasn't very good, but it appeared that the ball was loose while Pinner was airborne, so it appears to be a good call. A "Hail Mary" is a legal pass, and it landed in the right place and Henderson score...end of story.

If anything, let's talk about the UK fans (and players) that made fools of themselves by celebrating before the game was over. From what I've read, fans were busy trying to uproot the goal post on the other end of the field when Henderson was scoring. And how foolish did Guy Morriss feel shaking hands with Saban while he was drenched in Gatorade? The fact is, LSU didn't stop playing until the game was over...UK apparently did.

I'm not taking anything away from UK...they played a great game and very nearly won...but "nearly" isn't good enough.

Enough about UK...we have a bigger fish to fry in Baton Rouge next week.

GEAUX TIGERS!

Beat the cheats next week!

4. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

One of the greatest things about the final play was the fat UK fan that was running to get out of Henderson's way as he ran into the endzone.

5. TennesseeTiger

LOL...I missed that. I live in Tennessee, so I had to strain to see a tiny box in the corner of my screen while they showed the start of the Tennessee-Miami laugher...

But I plan to tape the CSS replay this week!

6. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

Screw anyone who says we didn't deserve to win! Your not an LSU fan if you think that enjoy the play it was great. Every great team needs a little luck. I hate LSU fans that go to visiting team's message boards and try to make internet friends by saying o we did not deserve to win. Shutup they played good most of the game. Now let's kick Bama's ass!!

7. Mojo74

Mojo74 Founding Member

There's no "deserve" column in any win/loss record I've ever seen!

8. TennesseeTiger

My neighbor is a UK fan. We were talking about it after the game. He said, "LSU didn't deserve that win". I told him "UK played a good game, but LSU did deserve to win because they played and didn't quit". He agreed.

I will say that I won't lose any sleep knowing that we never have to play against the "Pillsbury Throwboy" again.

9. msully

msully Founding Member

Good thought Beat Bama

Will LSU play with feeling or just play. Today just playing we got a win ,next week we better play with emotion. Bama is fired up they are on a roll, we are the closest thing to a bowl game that they will have . They almost beat Oka this year, they have a good team even if it is a bought team . As fans, are we ready for such a game ? Is Baton Rouge ready for such a game. This is a bowl game call it the PRIDE BOWL GEAUX TIGERS!!!! msully said that did you hear

10. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

I think they realize they are lucky to escape with the vicroy, but the D got a wake up call and trust me they will bring their A game saturday!