A Mexican Border Wall.. what are your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by locoguano, May 26, 2006.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The Rio Grande is the border for 1254 miles east of El Paso. The 700 miles west to the Pacific follows no river.

Also the Rio Grand can be waded across most of the year for most of its length.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

But without it, we are telling mexicans that they can go ahead and come here illegally & won't face any consequences. On one level, I find it stupid also. But I think it may be necessary soley for the purpose of having a consequence to deter further illegal immigration.

I like this idea as well.

3. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

Your right. I know I wouldn't get support but the idea we need to sell is intimidation. I also know that they are just here for their families. however, when i see people come in, work really hard, and go through the hassel to become a real citizen; that's the people who should be protected.

Besides, this whole thing is strictly political because of the upcoming elections. The Clinton campaign tried something simular in '96.

A lot of them already come in with temporary work VISAs. However, they just don't go back.

4. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

I thought doing something which is illegal was considered criminal. Whatever and no matter how just your reason, breaking the law is a criminal action. Do aliens get a free pass on any other laws that they decide should not apply to them? Maybe I should get a free pass also if I feel a law isn't designed for my benefit. Let's just have anarchy.

5. red55

Thus we must:

1. Hold employers accountable for hiring illegals
    2. Replace paper work permits with counterfeit-proof ID cards w/computer chips.

6. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

ditto

if only it were that simple. i dont see the US getting very far on this one at all

7. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

No, no, no. . . replace alligators with sharks with friggin laser beams, and i'm all for it.

8. red55

Sorry, all we have are sea bass.

9. col reb

col reb Founding Member

I saw this in a paper somewhere, but it gave food for thought.

Why is it that of all these people running from different countries to come to America, those are often the same countries we (as Americans) go for a vacation?:shock:

10. red55

Because it's cheap over there. A buck goes a long way. Lobster in San Diego cost me $30, in Ensenada I paid $8.