A&M's Johnny Football is better than Cam Newton...

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Tiger_fan, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

After 6 games...

Johnny Football, 2012... 676 rushing, 1,680 passing

Cam Newton, 2010... 672 rushing, 1,138 passing

2010 Cam Newton averaged 309.1 yards of total offense, 2012 Johnny Football is averaging 392.7 yards of total offense

Johnny Football has already broken the
    SEC record for total offense in a game... TWICE.

Regarding the LSU game:

"He'll go in there," says Johnny Football's
    former high school teammate, "knowing he's
    the best player on the field."

And he wasn't even named preseason All-SEC by the coaches, that honor went to two aTm O-linemen (one of whom was just named a Mid-Season All-American) and their WR that caught for 1,207 yards last year and their RB who ran for 89.90 yards per game last year

2. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

I have a hunch that JF is not going to hit his averages this Saturday.

3. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

He's not going through the SEC or winning a national championship the way scam did, though.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Johnny Football's Heisman pipe dreams are going up in smoke on Saturday. Johnny Football, meet Mingo, Minter, and Montgomery--try to sleep without nightmares for the next month.

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I've also got a feeling that Eric Reid is going to bring some pain. He nearly knocked Connor Shaw into next week, but Shaw was able to duck down at the last second. Dude loves to punish QBs with happy feet.

6. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Seriously?? That's a joke, he may have better stats than cam did...to this point, but the meat of their sec schedule is comming up. Johnny football is a very good player, but not near a cam newton, he can not take the pounding that cam newton took and survive it because of his size. Johnny football is more of a denard robinson that can actually throw. We will see what those stats look like after he plays an lsu, bama, miss st. type of defense, sure he can shred the less disciplined and less physical defenses, but let's see what he does when he faces the good defenses.

Against Florida a very similar defese(i think lsu's is better) manziel was 23/30 for 173 yards 0td's & 0 int's, and had 17 carries for 60 yards and 1 td, and was held to 17 points. that tells me he threw alot of short, safe, get the ball out quicky, type of passes, not very Cam like!

7. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

It was also his first game..............might have something to do with play calling, confidence etc etc. I am very worried about big plays, it does not take many with the LSU offense to be too far behind.

8. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

Realistically, Mingo, Sam, Minter are watching film on Manziel right now thinking "how are we supposed to get our hands on this guy?" Go watch film on him, his elusiveness is off the charts...he is spectacular...this will be our biggest test of the year by far when it comes to elusive QBs (Manziel is averaging 7.43 yards per carry this season)

It's going to take a team effort to stop him...everybody is going to have to stick to their assignments ... The A&M beat writer said the way Florida was able to stop him in the 2nd half was by stacking the box and forcing him to throw ... and although he has become a much better passer than he was back in the first game of his career vs Florida, I imagine we might employ the same strategy ... stacking the box to contain him, and hoping the guys we leave back in man coverage come up huge

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I agree that sticking to assignments will be key, but I hope our beasts on defense aren't watching tape and wondering if they can stop anyone. Last week, if Tech's defense even had a pulse, Johnny Football would NOT have won that game.

10. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

It's the same formula you follow with any dual-threat QB: take away one element and force him to become one-dimensional.

KyleK likes this.