A&M's Johnny Football is better than Cam Newton...

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Tiger_fan, Oct 18, 2012.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

I was pretty sure he was a true fresh. But im too lazy to look up.

2. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

You may be right, but he could also continue to improve and win the West before he's done. We'll see.

3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Isnt this the guy that got busted drunk underage with like 5 fake IDs? I have heard mention, Johnny boy likes to party with the ladies/good times.

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

He's a redshirt freshman and I do recall him getting busted at a bar in College Station. Don't know about the 5 fake IDs.

5. TIGRIS PANTHERA

TIGRIS PANTHERA Veteran Member

At best 'stats' lie. Vince Young, Cam Newton + Johnny Football comparisons are equivilent to a argument over Porshe, Ferrari + Rolls Royce.

6. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

Tebow wasn't a great pro prospect, but you wave the money in front of party boy even second round money and he's off to the NFL.

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Yeah but Tebow graduated. I think NFL GMs may finally be learning their lesson about guys like Tebow and Vince Young, so I just doubt if the "pull" will be there to tempt Manziel.

8. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

And Matt Leinart, and Jamarcus Russell...........then again guys Joe Flaco, Ben Rothlesberger and Andy Dalton proved you don't have to be a 5 star recruit and play at a major school to see big bucks and success in the NFL. Until he proves otherwise I will put my money on JM to do something in the NFL and make money before he turns into Heisman NFL bust.

9. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Just like this thread, NFL peeps may be comparing JM's stats to $Cam's. Since $Cam is doing well, they may figure JM will as well, especially since he's breaking all of $Cam's records. I say with a repeat of this year, they'll offer him first-day money next year, and he's gone pecan.

10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I've always thought that Newton has a much stronger arm than Manziel. That's why I didn't use him as a point of comparison. Tebow, Young, and Crouch all had very questionable passing abilities/arm strength, and I feel that the same is true with Manziel. You can have unbelievable passing stats in the NCAA without and NFL arm.