Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

A&M's Johnny Football is better than Cam Newton...

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Tiger_fan, Oct 18, 2012.

1. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Veteran Member

And Matt Leinart, and Jamarcus Russell...........then again guys Joe Flaco, Ben Rothlesberger and Andy Dalton proved you don't have to be a 5 star recruit and play at a major school to see big bucks and success in the NFL. Until he proves otherwise I will put my money on JM to do something in the NFL and make money before he turns into Heisman NFL bust.
  2. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Just like this thread, NFL peeps may be comparing JM's stats to $Cam's. Since $Cam is doing well, they may figure JM will as well, especially since he's breaking all of $Cam's records. I say with a repeat of this year, they'll offer him first-day money next year, and he's gone pecan.
  3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I've always thought that Newton has a much stronger arm than Manziel. That's why I didn't use him as a point of comparison. Tebow, Young, and Crouch all had very questionable passing abilities/arm strength, and I feel that the same is true with Manziel. You can have unbelievable passing stats in the NCAA without and NFL arm.
  4. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Yeah, but there's a lot more to playing QB than arm strength. See Jamarcus Russel. IDK if he'll make a splash in the NFL or not. It all depends on him and his development, I guess. But I believe someone will reach on him because of his sheer talent and supernatural football instincts.
  5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Of course, but it is a minimum requirement.
    TigerTap likes this.
  6. LSUDad

LSUDad Senior Member

Lets see, JF's #'s

0 Td passes and 3 Ints. yep, hes the best we played this year? LSU did a great job of putting him where "we" wanted him, making throws from the pocket. Thats what happens when you get 3 Int's.
    TigerTap likes this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Veteran Member Staff Member

Yep
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Veteran Member Staff Member

Exactly. Montana, Brees, Brady, Favre, Schaub all have something in common

So do Akili Smith, David Carr, Joey Harrington, JR, Vince Young, Leinart, Quinn, Sanchez

One group was 2nd round or later, the other group were all top 10.
  9. Winston1

Winston1 Senior Member

Sort of like Tyrann? Honey Badger may not have NFL measurables but his instinct are the best I have seen.
    VampMuse, TigerTap and Attack Tiger like this.
  10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think Tyrann will be a good pro. He could be a Courtney Roby type on punt coverage, a good returner, and a safety, maybe not an every down defender but definitely someone that can disrupt an offense make plays on defense.
    VampMuse likes this.