A&M's Johnny Football is better than Cam Newton...

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Tiger_fan, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Yeah, but there's a lot more to playing QB than arm strength. See Jamarcus Russel. IDK if he'll make a splash in the NFL or not. It all depends on him and his development, I guess. But I believe someone will reach on him because of his sheer talent and supernatural football instincts.

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Of course, but it is a minimum requirement.

TigerTap likes this.
  3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Lets see, JF's #'s

0 Td passes and 3 Ints. yep, hes the best we played this year? LSU did a great job of putting him where "we" wanted him, making throws from the pocket. Thats what happens when you get 3 Int's.

TigerTap likes this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Yep

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Exactly. Montana, Brees, Brady, Favre, Schaub all have something in common

So do Akili Smith, David Carr, Joey Harrington, JR, Vince Young, Leinart, Quinn, Sanchez

One group was 2nd round or later, the other group were all top 10.

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Sort of like Tyrann? Honey Badger may not have NFL measurables but his instinct are the best I have seen.

VampMuse, TigerTap and Attack Tiger like this.
  7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think Tyrann will be a good pro. He could be a Courtney Roby type on punt coverage, a good returner, and a safety, maybe not an every down defender but definitely someone that can disrupt an offense make plays on defense.

VampMuse likes this.
  8. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

However, I would bet JM is player that will get better week to week, and certainly year to year barring the unforeseen massive collision that ends his season/s. I am glad LSU played them in Oct and not Nov or Dec. It is good for them that they played Alabama the week after LSU..............Nick Saban WILL NOT let that happen again. I predict next year you will see "uh-oh" personal fouls on him as he will get hit almost every play............he is the kind of guy that must worry about the guy that WILL HIT him eveytime.....if they can.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It's gonna be harder to go up from Heisman trophy winning freshman with great stats than its gonna be for him to drop off the map.

shane0911 likes this.
  10. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Not sure he will see much drop off..............check the wr's (they are huge) he has coming in. My point is I think he will make fewer mistakes that turn into game changing events. He probably won't come close to winning Heisman again..................I am much more worried about beating A&M with him as the QB for the next 2 or 3 years, as is the rest of the SEC.
    Lets hope someone steals his OC who will not wear a bunch of A&M garb on the sidelines...........ever notice that???