A must see clip on your new opponent!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gohokies4ever, Jul 27, 2002.

1. Marcus Vick

Word coming out of the the freshmen practices is that Marcus Vick is the real deal! Beamer and our OC is very high on the talented freshmen, saying that he has a rifle that is dead accurate, not to mention he has some wheels!! IMHO, if Vick can quickly pick up the season, he starts! I think Noel was considered the backup for this season back in January. He wasn't horrible last year (except for the Miami game), but he just wasn't effective at sustaining drives and getting the team out of a jam. Either Randall or Vick will be our QB this year, and I'm thinking its going to be Vick more and more every day.

FSU, Florida, Miami, Tenessee, and all those teams that wanted Vick to play reciever or DB will live to regret that they didn't guarantee him a shot at QB. I all but guarantee you that!

A note from VT Coach Frank Beamer:
    Asked if freshman quarterback Marcus Vick (the younger brother of Michael) will play this season, Beamer indicated that he probably would get some playing time. Currently, Vick is listed third on the depth chart behind senior Grant Noel and sophomore Bryan Randall, but with Noel’s injury status and Randall’s inexperience, Vick could very well play himself into a starting role. Beamer also indicated that Marcus is further along, at this point, than his brother Michael, who redshirted his freshman year.

2. Suggs and Toefield

Yes, Suggs appears to be at 100%. They said that he was far enough along that he could have played in our bowl game last year, but no one would let him of course.

Suggs and KJ are two great running backs that I expect to have a huge year! Especially with a mobile QB. In addition, one of our probable starting fullbacks, Cedric Humes, is a converted running back with great speed. He had a great spring game at running back but since we have 2 great running backs ahead of him, the coaches are going to try to get his athelticism on the field in a different postition. WIth Vick/Randall, Suggs/Jones, and Humes in the backfield, defenses are going to have to deal with a LOT of speed.

Your running backs aren't too bad either! 2 guys with 1000 yard seasons in the same year! That's incredible! You guys had some pretty good recievers last year too. So, is Toefield going to be back at 100%? I read an article on his recovery a few weeks ago. That is very impressive.

I hope he and Suggs both bounce back and have a great season!

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Yup Toe (Who is a big part of our Offense)

Should be 100%.....

INteresting about Vick, I hope I see it, after we play VT I probably would end up have a bigger interest in their success win or lose.